Internal Audit Associate
Posted on: July 25, 2022
Summary: The Associate performs a wide variety of tasks that
support the Internal Audit Team.Compensation: This is a non-exempt,
hourly role. Hourly rates start at $20.00, plus Over Time (paid at
1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges
between $50,100 and $59,190 or more, depending on experience,
overtime hours worked and bonuses.To perform this job successfully,
the individual must be able to complete the following essential
duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, testing and executing of internal audit
activities, and examine and monitor the company's system of
- Work with Director of Audit to monitor internal controls,
mitigate risks posed to the organization and provide feedback about
- Conduct and manage the physical inventory process nationwide of
all products and warehouses a minimum of once per year across 19
- Monitor and/or conduct physical Inventory counts, analyze
variances and reconcile discrepancies. Determine root causes of
inventory variances and propose or implement as applicable
appropriate corrective actions.
- Conducts audits for management to assess effectiveness of
controls and process associated with Receipt of Goods, Shipments,
Invoicing, Transfers, Returns, and Drop Shipments.
- Ensures compliance to inventory processes and procedures and
makes suggestions for improvements and responsible for ultimate
implementation of solutions.
- Identify internal control weaknesses, develop collaborative
audit recommendations and submit audit
- reports to supervisor
- Examines all department activities for compliance with
management plans and policies.
- Prepares and submits audit findings and makes recommendations
to immediate supervisor
- Maintain control of all process documentation.
- Provide high quality work, audit findings and related
- Required facility and space planning. MSI has four
geographically situated warehouses namely in California, New
Jersey, Chicago and Atlanta. To house so many products imported
from various countries requires co-ordination, planning and
distribution of the same in respective areas.
- Smooth and flawless work in computers, spreadsheets,
statistical analysis , use of high tech tools like scanners,
digital cameras, databases, photo shops, video conferencing , on
and off web product knowledge.
- Performs additional duties as required and or
requested.Additionally the candidate must meet the following
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or experience in a related field
- Ability to travel to locations across the country several times
- Knowledge of measuring work processes to ensure compliance to
company and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of PC software (MS-Office, Excel, PowerPoint
outlook), and advanced excel skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required
- Bi lingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Team player and ability to get along with others.
- Problem-solving, presentation skills and multi-tasking
ability.This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision.Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier
of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in
North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also
maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution
centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an
extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural
stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six
continents.Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many
prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and
Young MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates
diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We
provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their
best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or
applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race,
ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion,
disability status, or any other legally protected group.MSI
provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and
applicants.If you believe you require an accommodation, please
speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.
Keywords: MSI, Orange , Internal Audit Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!