Company: Chapman University
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Position Title:Administrative CoordinatorPosition Type:StaffJob
Number:SA3722122Full or Part Time:Full TimeEmployee Status
:RegularPosting Date:08/03/2022Job Description Summary:This
position will provide Administrative Coordinator Support to the
Vice Provost of Graduate Education and the back-office
- Coordination of the academic probation and dismissal
- Tracking of graduate student admission offers with GShip
- Updating and data reporting from Graduate Student Academic
- Coordination of the Graduate Assistantship (GShip) hiring
- Conducting GShip enrollment audits;
- Updating thesis and dissertation announcements and Graduate
Student Research Management Module in People Soft;
- Coordinate the student scholarly, creative, and travel grant
process in Submittable.com;
- Support graduate student events;
- Process and update video files as needed;
- Update office website as needed. Performs other duties as
- Review term GPAs and draft academic probation and dismissal
letters; maintain files & confidential material related to review
- Maintain Thesis and Dissertation and Defense List and publicize
defenses; post on VPGE website.
- Review program/student forms and update the Graduate Research
- Process Volunteer External Thesis Committee Member Forms.
- Process Student Creative, Scholarly, and Travel Grant
Reimbursements via Submittable.com
- Update Submittable.com platform, provide user support, and
process Student Scholarly, Creative, and Travel grant
- Update and track program/student April 15 Admission Non-Tuition
Fellowship Letters.Graduate AssistantShip (GShip) Support
- Coordinate GShip Hiring Process with each program and The
Office of Human Resources.
- Conduct enrollment audits: Review Registrar's enrollment report
and email student reminder to enroll.Events Support
- Retrieve student data from Achievement Data Base and compile
Excellence Dinner Program 'Black Book' and annual reports.
- Coordinate Graduate Student Research Showcase; process
submissions and support judging processes; edit videos submitted by
- Coordinate 3MT Competition; process submissions and support
judging processes; edit videos of presentations.
- Host Writing Oasis Workshops with Graduate Writing
- Update Orientation Videos as needed.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum two years' working experience providing administrative
support in a professional office.
- Outstanding written communication skills in English including
grammar, mechanics, punctuation, and style.
- Ability to formulate and communicate logical and sound
conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize duties when faced with interruptions,
distractions, and fluctuating workload and complete them in a
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to understand
graduate and professional education concepts and processes.
- Skill to prepare and complete basic financial forms and
- Strong computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copier, fax,
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings,
workshops, and events, including coordinating catering, travel,
- Strong organizational skills to maintain calendars and schedule
appointments and meetings.
- Telephone skills to prioritize and direct calls, and take
accurate messages in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a diverse group of individuals
at all organizational levels, both inside and outside the
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy and to maintain a high level
- Writing skills to prepare clear and concise, grammatically
correct business correspondence and reports.
- Strong typing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain accurate office files.
- Ability to learn survey data coding and perform data entry into
Excel and Google Sheets/Forms.
- Working knowledge of University policies and procedures that
pertain to the duties of this position.
- Working knowledge of University systems such as 25Live and
- Technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems and
software platforms, including Adobe.
- Premiere Pro video editing software, Canvas LMS, Cascade web
author software, Canva graphic design platform, and
Submittable.com, needed for the position(training provided).Desired
Qualifications:Working knowledge of University policies and
procedures that pertain to the duties of this position.Special
Instructions to Applicants:*As part of the recruitment process,
candidates that are selected for an onsite interview may be asked
to perform an administrative exercise.Applicants for Staff and
Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the
United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not
sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work
visas.The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory
completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening, and
returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original
acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
Keywords: Chapman University, Orange , Administrative Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!