Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: January 5, 2019
* Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
* Manage accounting and administrative functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and front office operations; responsible for the supervision of the staff in these areas.
* Manage administrative staff including interviewing, hiring and training employees, conducting performance evaluations, fostering/mentoring professional growth, and handling disciplinary actions as needed.
* Plan, direct and monitor the work activities of department personnel. Ensure proper back-up support for Receptionist.
* Manage all Penta activity pertaining to the office accounting: including job entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Assist with training on system applications.
* Oversee weekly preparation of payroll; ensure proper organization and maintenance of associated records and information.
* Maintain field check register and ensure proper organization and maintenance of associated records and information.
* Oversee processing of all invoices. Verify calculations and figure tax amounts correctly. Maintain files for A/R and tax information. Assist Project Managers with aged accounts.
* Assist Project Managers with forecasting and job setup, when necessary. Assist with end-of-month reporting procedures.
* Perform periodic reviews/audits of office processes, identify areas of improvement, and implement best practice procedures. Examples include eliminating duplicative entry by implementing payroll uploading and implementing auto-invoicing when applicable.
* Develop relationships with TAPS office managers across the TAPS Business Unit to serve as a resource.
* Become technical expert in payroll, AP, and AR to serve as backup in all positions when necessary.
* Work with IT department in the testing of new software functionality/capability pertaining to job accounting.
* Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.
* 5+ years office administration experience, including a minimum of 2+ years supervisory or leadership experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and tax procedures
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and database exposure
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deadlines
* 4-year degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Orange , Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!