Assistant Principal - PreK/Elementary
Company: UCP of Central Florida
Posted on: February 19, 2021
UCP West Orange Campus - West Orange, FL Salary Range $50,000.00
- $60,000.00 Description Job Specifications: The Assistant School
Principal; under the direction of the School Principal, and working
in partnership with the Consortium Education Leadership Team builds
and maintains a culture of high academic expectations, where every
student can succeed to their maximum ability, maintains a safe and
healthy environment and facilitates the participation of
parents/guardians to maximize each student's learning potential.--
--(Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required)
- Knowledge of evidence -based strategies and effective
pedagogical practices based on school population
- Knowledge of County District Charter Consortium policies and
procedures, including Discipline and ESE.
- PreK Only Campuses - Knowledge of DCF Childcare
- Demonstrated experience writing and supporting implementation
of Quality IEP, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Florida Standards and Florida Access
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Innovative Thinker/Continuous Learner: Comfortable thinking
"outside of the box", constantly seeks opportunities to learn and
improve, making use of successes, failures, and data to learn and
- Team Leadership: Has experience effectively working in a team
environment, encouraging, and supporting others and managing
- Understanding of appropriate age/grade level curriculum,
including scope and sequence, guided reading and I-Ready (if
- Critical Thinking & Problem-solving: Effectively organizes and
analyzes information and anticipates challenges or new information
to solve problems. Integrates and acts upon new information
quickly, and is comfortable thinking about details and the big
- Decision-making: Has experience making decisions in a timely
manner and in the face of ambiguity. Considers consequences of
decisions, willingly stands by difficult decisions, and
communicates about decisions. Job Responsibilities: Educational
- Assists the principal in establishing and maintaining an
effective and positive learning climate/morale in the school and
developing/implementing a PBIS system.
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the
- Serves as principal in the absence of the school
- Assists the principal in the design and implementation of
programs, based on current educational theory and research, to meet
the specific needs of the school and its students.
- Facilitates the UCP approved curriculum/instruction to optimize
the academic progress of every student.
- Assists the principal in the acquisition, utilization and
inventory of instructional materials and equipment for the
- Assists the principal in facilitating services for all students
in the school including coordination of the schedules of related
services (i.e. therapy, nursing services, behavior services)
- Assists the principal in conducting an on-going assessment of
the educational program in the assigned school, including the
strengths and areas in need of improvement; the analysis of test
results, attendance records, discipline reports; feedback from
students, staff, administrators and parents; and other formal and
- Assists the Principals in ensuring MTSS meetings are held and
follow up is completed.
- Assists the Principal in meeting regularly/conduct walkthrough
with teacher to provide feedback
- Assists principal to design professional development and
programming for individual teachers/ed support staff to address
deficits, build on strengths, and become more effective and
successful team members including providing model lessons.
- Attends Consortium Professional Development to support
initiatives School Management/Administration
- Ensure school is in compliance with state law and regulations
and UCP Charter School practices.
- Liaison for Facility/IT and other building issues and makes
recommendations about short-range and long-range needs.
- Ensures compliance materials are completed for Charter Schools
(i.e. Red Binder, Charter Links)
- Ensures all DCF regulations are followed (if applicable).
- Assists the principal in the on-boarding of new staff.
- Works to achieve/sustain 100% of projected student enrollment
capacity. Student Management
- Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces
discipline as necessary, according to due process rights of the
students and Code of Conduct.
- Generates and maintains accurate discipline records
- Provide support for teachers with students who need additional
behavior assistance Human Resources
- Assists the principal in the screening, interviewing and
reference checks and recommends and assigns school staff.
- Supports the Principal in disciplinary actions, coach &
counsels as requested.
- Assists the Principal in completing Performance Appraisal
process, including maintaining data in Paycom Systems. Communicates
- Assists the principal in promoting on-going, two-way
communications with stakeholders (i.e., students, staff, parents,
community residents) to enhance the educational program provided by
- Assists the principal in utilizing the resources of the school
and community to enhance the educational program
- Develop and maintain positive community, parental, and academic
relationships-- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Education, Educational Leadership
- Certification: Florida Professional Teaching Certificate
- 5 years' experience teaching in an elementary classroom (or
PreK if Early Childhood AP)
- Strongly preferred previous experience as an assistant or
- 3-5 years supervisory and leadership experience in an
- Demonstrated success working with people, in establishing
goals, objectives and action plans to produce expected
Keywords: UCP of Central Florida, Orange , Assistant Principal - PreK/Elementary, Education / Teaching , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!