Company: Matrix Service Company
Posted on: January 13, 2020
The General Manager II is responsible for providing overall
direction to operating units within a specific business unit for
Matrix Service. Responsible for strategic goals and objectives to
maximize financial and operating results and ensure profitable
growth. Position holds overall profit/loss responsibility for
budgeting, planning and scheduling, forecasting, collections,
financial management, marketing/sales, client relations, and
project technical support. Provides strong and consistent safety
leadership. This position can be located in Bakersfield, CA;
Bellingham, WA; Tucson, AZ; or Orange, CA.
* Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards
while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and
* Establishes, directs and monitors short- and long-term
objectives, goals, and strategies for operating units within West
Region segment of National Construction business unit, consistent
with overall company objectives. Implements policies and standard
operating procedures in line with corporate policy.
* Oversees revenue forecasts, budgets, and business plans; reviews
and analyzes financial results; monitors performance in relation to
plan; and adjusts plan based on changes, as appropriate. Presents
results to executive management, and maintains accountability for
financial and operating results of business unit.
* Establishes revenue/profit pricing parameters for larger projects
and ensures Division Managers adhere to established procedures.
Reviews/approves bid packages on large projects of a set dollar
* Represents Company at bid meetings, project meetings, strategy
meetings, etc., as needed. Visits job sites on a regular basis and
attends client meetings, as necessary, to monitor projects from a
safety, quality, schedule, and cost perspective.
* Identifies potential serious issues/situations and resolves
technical/operational problems on projects. Provides guidance,
recommendations, and assistance to subordinate managers on
operational issues and potential corrective measures. Participates
as needed in the resolution of problems on projects or with clients
and ensures problems are solved timely and in line with company
* Monitors aged receivables on a regular basis. Ensures billings
and collections are current.
* Works closely with Business Development in the identification,
pursuit and award of business opportunities, in line with strategic
* Identifies potential acquisition opportunities in the area of
regional construction services, and presents to executive
management for evaluation. Leads and participates in acquisition
due diligence and integration, when appropriate.
* Works across Matrix Service in the coordination of projects and
sharing of resources. Ensures maximum operational efficiency and
productivity within the business unit as a whole.
* Interviews, selects, hires, trains, evaluates and terminates
subordinate management personnel. Develops goals and objectives and
works with management team throughout the year to ensure goals and
performance standards are achieved.
* Develops, directs and motivates a competent and cohesive
management team through effective communication, delegation of
responsibility, accountability, performance-based compensation and
* Maintains accountability for safety; conducts required
evaluations pursuant to Safety Accountability Program. Provides
strong and consistent safety leadership, including setting the
example through personal actions and behavior.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, Engineering,
Construction Management, or related discipline strongly preferred;
equivalent experience/knowledge without degree.
* Successful leader with 12+ years' job-related experience;
demonstrated record of success achieving strong operational,
financial, and safety performance; management experience in the oil
& gas, LNG, refinery, petrochemical, mining or power generation
industries. Extensive understanding of industry practices,
processes and standards and their impact on project activities.
* Strong knowledge of the general contracting business serving an
industrial client base. Record of success in developing and
maintaining strong customer relationships and industry contacts.
Experience with and understanding of mergers and acquisitions, and
* Advanced knowledge of construction, design, project management,
purchasing, subcontracts, supply chain, estimating, project
controls, accounting, and scheduling techniques. Excellent
analytical skills and strong knowledge of contract negotiations.
Advanced ability to apply innovative and effective management
techniques to maximize performance.
* Demonstrated financial acumen and business administration skills,
including solid knowledge of financial operations; understands
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills;
effective at conveying ideas and direction, both verbally and in
writing; ability to set clear and specific direction, goals,
objectives, and expectations.
* Ability and willingness to delegate, empower, and motivate
subordinates to take accountability for achieving results, for
which the manager maintains ultimate accountability.
* Ability to develop and implement new ideas and initiatives that
improve the organization's performance. Coaches others to develop
stronger change management skills and overcomes resistance to
* Strong safety leadership; places a high priority on safety, with
continual emphasis on driving and maintaining a strong safety
* Proficiency in MS Suite and other related reporting software.
* Ability to work overtime and travel as necessary.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected
characteristic or category.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Matrix Service Company, Orange , General Manager, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!