Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Employer is in search of--Custodial Environmental--Services Operations Manager 2 for CHOC Hospital--of Orange County in Orange CA! The unit operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week with an hourly workforce speaking predominately Spanish. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a Hospital environment. This position--requires a flexible schedule.--This is a 2nd shift/alternate weekends. Relocation is not offered at this time.--
The "Hands-On" manager primarily handles day-to-day--Environmental Services--operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. Manager is--responsible for customer and client interaction, custodial inspection measurements, on-going training, quality, safety, pest control and the implementation of best practices. It will also be responsible for infection control compliance, improved services, and timeliness of responses and validation of work quality. Manage and coordinate floor care team and project work.--
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has knowledge of ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 3-5 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.----
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Employer employees) in the delivery of Employer Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Employer safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Employer Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement ---Associate's DegreeBasic Management Experience - 2 yearsBasic Functional Experience - 2 years of work experience in Housekeeping, Environmental or Custodial Services
Employer is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo, Orange , Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!