Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We are currently seeking an executive to lead the quality function for the organization to achieve industry leading performance. The VP, Quality is responsible for providing leadership, tactical direction and general management for all quality professionals who will support execution of projects in all divisions including, AST, EPC, National Construction and Turnaround and Plant Services. Reporting to the President, the position is responsible for developing and implementing goals, objectives and plans to drive the better outcomes in quality. The VP serves as executive on the leadership team, working in conjunction with the division VP's and the functional departments to implement processes and procedures to deliver consistent and sustainable results.
* Collaborate with President and SVP, Operations to establish goals, objectives and strategies to maximize quality performance in alignment with corporate standards.
* Establish policies, procedures and performance standards to achieve stated goals, objectives and strategies.
* Manage the implementation of the Quality Management System to support a zero re-work culture.
* Establish key metrics and implement tools to track performance.
* Monitor and analyze results on an ongoing basis to ensure that performance standards are being achieved or identify needs for corrective actions.
* Provide leadership and expert advice to management on emerging quality trends, best practices, as well as status of key improvement initiatives.
* Hire, train and develop qualified quality professionals and provide comprehensive training to all necessary personnel on established quality standards.
* Organize the quality staff to best serve the needs of the company.
* Maintain collaborative relationships with divisional operations VP's to drive improvements in quality outcomes.
* Foster and further develop a success and results oriented culture.
* Coordinate with functional leaders to achieve established quality, financial and other performance metrics.
* Provide advice, guidance and leadership direction to subordinates to ensure proper execution of major projects and operating plans consistent with established goals and objectives.
* Champion root-cause analysis for quality incidents, communicate lessons learned and oversee implementation of corrective actions.
* Establish individual goals and objectives for direct reports in support of the Company's strategic plans.
* Identify and ensure the development of succession candidates for key positions.
* Provide regular feedback, including but not limited to, the annual formal review process to ensure accountability and achievement of individual objectives.
* Regularly visit project sites to monitor job performance and assess performance of project teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Provide strong leadership on quality and execution excellence through consistent words, actions and behaviors.
* Exemplify Matrix core values and actively support the Company's commitment to safety.
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards, while adhering to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Promote Company Brand within the industry.
The successful candidate will be a high caliber, seasoned executive with construction industry experience in complex, large capital projects. The ideal individual will have strong relationships within the industry and be seen as a leader in the field with a stellar reputation. Specific requirements include:
* 20+ years' experience in quality management with at least 10 years of senior management experience. Professional certifications from recognized organizations are a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Quality, or related field, or equivalent experience. Proven experience in leading and managing a comprehensive or quality management programs in a diverse business environment.
* Strong leader with demonstrated track record in leading change, driving results and a commitment to excellence.
* Direct and straightforward communication style, effective at conveying ideas and direction both verbally and in writing.
* Outstanding interpersonal skill, high emotional intelligence and high energy with the ability to interact and work effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization, as well as with executive leadership in client companies.
* High ethical standards to develop and maintain professionalism and accountability within the business.
* Willingness to travel as needed/required up to 75%.
* Proficient computer skills, including experience with MS Office Suite.
This position requires regular overnight travel by plane and automobile and long hours at times.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Orange , VP, Quality, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!