RN DIRECTOR ONCOLOGY SERVICE LINE
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: February 7, 2019
RN DIRECTOR ONCOLOGY SERVICE LINEOrange County, CA USAThis position reports to the CNO and has administrative responsibility for the for the Oncology Service Line. The position is focused on the entire continuum of care and acts as a liaison between the Medical Staff, Patient, Administration, Nursing Staff and other disciplines. The Director is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient care. These include overseeing the development and implementation of systems for evaluation of clinical competency to the nursing staff, helping to develop and update standards and policies, consultation of the nursing staff for complex nursing issues, providing pertinent continuing education for staff, mentoring of new staff and Performance Improvement activities.
• Works with Medical Staff partners to meet performance metrics
• Develop and implement oncology-specific strategic business plan
• Collaborates with marketing to develop an image campaign for the oncology program at LAMC
• Operational oversight and management of the cancer program to include, but not limited to, radiation therapy, outpatient infusion center, patient navigation, tumor boards and accreditation.
• Demonstrates effective and responsible relationships with patients, families, medical director and key physicians, employees, management and administration, and related outside agencies.
• Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff, and physician concerns.
• Assures effective staff recognition.
• Identifies priority quality improvement and customer satisfaction initiatives.
• Schedules the collection of data for these initiatives, and other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending. Monitors and reviews the results with department staff on a regular basis.
• Achieves measurable improvement in key quality initiatives, which include both process, e.g., documentation, and outcome measures.
• Achieves measurable improvement in customer service.
• Reports at least annually to the designated hospital quality committee
• Current California RN license
• Master's Degree (MSN, MHA, MBA)
• Five years (5) experience in Oncology.
• Current knowledge of the field, with evidence of ongoing continuing education in clinical
• Progressive healthcare experience including at least two years supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated competence as a leader.
• Current American Heart Association BLS
• Oncology certification through ONS
IDEAL CANDIDATEA Registered Nurse with Leadership experience over an outpatient Oncology Center with a track record of growing an Oncology Service Line.
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Orange , RN DIRECTOR ONCOLOGY SERVICE LINE, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!