Director Clinical Services RN Placentia -Hospice $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus!
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Director Clinical Services RN Placentia -Hospice $10,000.00 Sign on
Job LocationsUS-CA-Placentia - US-CA-Orange County
CategoryHealthcareID2019-18944Location : NameHOSP Los
AngelesLocation : Address701 Kimberly Ave.Location :
Brookdale is seeking a Director of Clinical Services for our
amazing hospice team in Placentia. Prefer 5 years of nursing
experience, 2 years supervisory, and 3 years of hospice or end of
life experience. We are seeking a dynamic RN with a hospice heart
and a skillset to match! $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus!
If interested contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org,
615-339-3621, or apply on line.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect
with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the
core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards
and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a
company. Here youll find opportunities to grow your career at any
level whether you have direct contact with resident or support
someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000
associates, theres a place for you to make a difference in lives of
the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible and accountable for the clinical operational
efficiencies and the quality healthcare outcomes through effective
leadership of the Hospice agency staff. Consults with and advises
the Hospice Director to ensure that the Hospice agency goals and
performance measures are met.
- Provides input in the planning of the overall development and
administration of the Hospice agency as set forth in the policies
and procedures. Assists with the implementation of approved work
methods, patient care models and procedures that reflect elements
essential to rendering high quality care.
- Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the
effectiveness of the total Hospice program.
- Ensures that current policies and procedures are consistently
- Participates in all activities relevant to the clinical
services furnished, including assistance with the development of
qualifications and the assignment of personnel.
- Responsible for supervising, orientation and competency
evaluation of all Hospice staff. Provides mentoring through
education, general meetings, timely evaluations, in-service
training and management of productivity expectations. Participates
in interviewing and hiring new associates.
- Assists with maintaining the Hospice agency in a state of
survey readiness at all times. Ensures the agency and all programs
comply with state, local, accrediting body, and federal regulatory
- Provides clinical oversight for all Hospice patients including
referrals, initial certification, admissions, evaluations of
eligibility and utilization of visits, re-certifications, face to
face encounters, discharges, adverse events, etc. Coordinates IDG
meetings including oversight of each discipline reporting to ensure
quality care for patients.
- Ensures an effective quality assessment process improvement
(QAPI) program is implemented and maintained fully, including
assistance with the oversight of all required agency manuals.
Participates actively in the QAPI meetings and activities. Assists
with and participates in required aspects of the QAPI program
including chart audits and oversight of adverse events. Assists
with processing appeals and denials as requested.
- Enforces the Hospice model by following workflow processes as
established and holding team members accountable for task
- Reviews key benchmark reports with team members, sets clear
expectations on performance, provides training/resources to achieve
expectations and hold firm accountability.
- Responsible for facilitation of effective and compliant
interdisciplinary team meetings according to state and federal
- Provides a lead role regarding oversight and approval of
effective workflow in the Electronic Medical Records application.
Ensures that all associate documentation is compliant,
comprehensive and clearly reflects ongoing eligibility as well as
an effective patient family centered plan of care.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with
management, reporting all clinical aspects of the agency related to
patient care, physician relations, community relations or other
areas impacting the Hospice Agencys performance. Accountable for
the day to day management of direct and indirect expenses impacting
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with associates,
residents, family members and the greater community. Networks with
professional resources and community partners to facilitate
positive integration. Promotes customer service orientation to all
- Under the direction of the Hospice Director, participates and
assists with network plans, strategic growth plans, marketing
activities, community functions and public health education
- May be required to provide direct patient care, on call and/or
manage a caseload as well as complete admissions.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of
experience as a professional nurse with two (2) years
administrative/supervisory experience preferred. Minimum of three
(3) years of Hospice and /or relevant end of life care experience
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she will
be providing services. Meets all additional requirements for hire
including state specific requirements.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to
effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic
environment is required. Effective written and oral communication
skills and human relation skills are essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Schedule: Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Orange , Director Clinical Services RN Placentia -Hospice $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus!, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!