Director of Organizational Training
Company: Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Coun
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Overview: Your passion makes the difference! The Planned Parenthood
of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical
professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions
all working together to provide the community with high quality
health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or
ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want
to help us change lives and empower communities through
reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a
regular, full-time opportunity for a Training Director located at
our Orange County Corporate Offices. We are proud to offer:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and
vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance,
and long term disability
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions Responsibilities: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under the leadership of the VP of Human Resources, the Training
Director will be responsible for managing the strategic and
operational elements of the training function. This includes the
oversight of all required regulatory/compliance trainings, an
effective onboarding experience for new employees and to ensure a
high level of performance delivery to our patients, clients,
vendors and co-workers. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage overall training/learning strategy for the
organization to achieve strategic initiatives and organizational
- Collaborate with department leadership and SMEs to assess
department specific training and development needs and allocate
resources, as needed, to accomplish priorities.
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and monitor training
- Oversee the full-cycle training programs developed by team
- Foster company culture through leading by example and educating
all levels of employees on company core values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with and provide appropriate documentation of
all required training for compliance with State, Federal laws and
requirements from all relevant regulatory Agencies for the
- Ensure all PPFA accreditation training is properly completed
and managed for employees, students, volunteers and
- Utilize and oversee the effective use of the Learning
Management System (LMS) to minimize department specific tracking
mechanisms to ensure an effective and cohesive approach to training
- Manage day-to-day operations of the training function.
Prioritize work to achieve organizational goals.
- Serve as internal performance consultant applying a
systems-thinking approach to resolve workplace performance
- Serve as internal Organizational Development consultant
providing a range of services including coaching, strategic thought
partner, team development, assessment, facilitation.
- Analyze and provide best training solution, in person, on-line,
- Provide expert-level small and large group facilitation.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required, Master
Degree in related field preferred. Minimum Work Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive learning and organizational
development experience required.
- Experience training in a health care environment is required.
- 5+ years of management experience required. Additional
- Expert knowledge of instructional design, training and
Organizational Development methodologies.
- Strong people-management experience with proven ability to lead
a high-performing learning team of internal and external
consultants in the planning, design and implementation of training
programs and other performance support tools and resources.
- Experience leveraging the capabilities of a Learning Management
System (LMS) to meet organizational needs.
- Strong experience designing and implementing leadership and
staff development programs, including onboarding programs across
all departments and levels within the organization.
- Experience ensuring training related compliance in accordance
with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and apply systems thinking to
generate and execute ideas at both the strategic and tactical
- Strong experience with planning, execution and project
management of training development and delivery.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and complex
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting relationships
across the organization.
- Strong business acumen, excellent communication skills,
influencing skills, and planning/project management skills are
critical for this role.
- Excellent platform facilitation and presentation skills
applying a solid understanding of adult learning theory.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Coun, Orange , Director of Organizational Training, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!