Medical Director / VP of Clinical Services
Company: Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Coun
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Overview: Your passion makes the difference! The Planned Parenthood
of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical
professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions
all working together to provide the community with high quality
health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or
ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want
to help us change lives and empower communities through
reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a
full-time opportunity for a Medical Director / Vice President of
Clinical Services. At PPOSBC, we understand the importance of a
well-rounded benefits program and are dedicated to providing you
with unique benefits that meet the needs of you and your family. We
are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you in the
case of illness or injury including:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and
vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance,
and long term disability
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions Essential Functions:
- Directs and supervises the clinical aspects of PPOSBC medical
- Manages the evaluation, recommendation, implementation and
ongoing evaluation of medical programs.
- Responsible for the management of Physicians, Clinical
Director, Clinical Quality Director and Clinical Quality Management
Team. Directly involved in the evaluation and selection of agency
- Assumes legal responsibility for ordering and distribution of
drugs and devices in compliance with state and federal laws and
- Provides oversight of the PPOSBC laboratory and acts as
- Advises the COO regarding matters of a clinical nature and
provides clinical reports, as needed, to President/CEO and Board of
- Oversees the development of PPOSBC medical policies and
- Provides medical consultation to clinicians regarding the
clinical management of patients.
- Spends approximately 35% of time providing direct patient care
and clinical services; including surgical abortions.
- As an integral part of the Patient Services management team,
ensures clinics function at maximum efficiency and delivery of high
quality services. Supports COO, Sr. Director of Patient Services
and Health center management by producing and championing
appropriate reporting and performance management of licensed
- Evaluates and validates clinical training requirements and
- Completes clinical evaluation and sign-off of physicians and
- Provides clinical expertise and consults with Sr. Director of
Patient Services regarding the selection, clinical performance and
potential separation of Clinician staff; including Certified Nurse
Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Reviews and approves Occurrence Report Forms, as necessary, for
submission to Affiliate Risk Management Services.
- Participates in the development of a list of consultants who
are willing to care for patients referred from the PPOSBC.
- Assists in the preparation of department budget
- Represents Planned Parenthood, as needed, in the medical
- Provides consultation to the CEO and VP of Communications &
Marketing on media responses regarding medical issues relevant to
- Initiates, develops, and supervises research programs as
approved the PPOSBC Board, and PPFA. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Licensure and/or
- Must possess an active CA unrestricted license to practice
- Board Certification or eligibility for certification.
- Hospital privileges with at least one partnering hospital.
- Current ACLS certification Minimum Education:
- MD or DO; OB/GYN preferred Minimum Work Experience:
- 5 years of physician experience required, preferably as an
OB/GYN Supervisory Experience:
- Prior management experience preferred
Keywords: Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Coun, Orange , Medical Director / VP of Clinical Services, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!