Controls Advisory IT Manager - Business Risk Services
Company: Grant Thornton
Posted on: June 8, 2019
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move.
As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving
clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus
it takes to be a leader. Controls Advisory IT Manager, Business
Risk Services Grant Thorntons Advisory professionals are
progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so
our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory
practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative,
curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry
insight to our clients. Business risk services protects value. Our
Business Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory
Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics. POSITION
SUMMARY: The Business Risk Services Controls Advisory IT Manager is
responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for
multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities
include planning, directing, and completing internal audits,
information technology control reviews, activities related to
Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control projects; and developing and
managing staff. The BRS IT Manager works closely with partners and
staff on client management, practice development, and business
development. The BRS IT Manager is responsible for an assigned
group of clients. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including
performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project
economics and financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals,
capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other
thought leadership material
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and
strict client confidentiality.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Working with organizations to identify and manage IT risks
within their strategy execution model
- Assist clients in applying key frameworks such as COBIT, NIST &
- Developing IT components with enterprise risk management
- Leading IT risk assessments ranging from internal audits,
system implementations and specialized IT areas (security, basis,
access provisioning, etc.)
- Leading and executing IT audits and IT SOX engagements
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to
identify security and risk management issues and other
opportunities for improvement.
- Manage the evaluation and testing of IT processes and system
controls and identification of areas of risk.
- Manage internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing
engagements for clients.
- Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to
embrace and manage change.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work
effectively with client management and staff at all levels to
gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to
promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients
and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully
accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and
assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without
sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information
Technology, MIS or related field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- 6 to 10 years of related work experience in a similar
consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at
a national level.
- CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
- Experience performing technology risk assessments and audits,
operational internal audits, as well as process control
- Areas of expertise should include at least some of the
following: access control software, security architecture and
administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness
and enforcement, security policies and standards, database security
auditing, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, AS400).
- Strong experience in staff and audit management in an
integrated client service team.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a
demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities
in a rapidly growing, fast-paced interactive, results-based team
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training,
coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written,
interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a
regular basis to clients as required.
- Good familiarity with IIAs Standards
- Practice development experience.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
Benefits : Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized
culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet
individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please
visit www.gt.com . Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP
(Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton
International Ltd., one of the worlds leading organizations of
independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has
revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across
the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500+ employees. Grant
Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held
companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic
and religious organizations. Core industries served include
consumer and industrial products, financial services,
not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton
focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth
holistically whether through revenue improvement, leadership,
mission fulfillment or innovation. It is Grant Thorntons policy to
promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions,
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training,
promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without
regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship
status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Grant Thornton, Orange , Controls Advisory IT Manager - Business Risk Services, Executive , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!