Mental Health Therapist
Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: September 13, 2020
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering
a'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you
click'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking a Mental Health Therapist to join our
team basedremotelyin the state ofCalifornia.
The Mental Health Therapist (MHT) will work with individuals
demonstrating mild to moderate behavioral health conditions and to
support them through their recovery process. The therapist will
provide assessments, referrals, triage, and treatment. The
therapist will be responsible for delivering short term, solution
focused, counseling sessions with appropriate evidence based
interventions. The MHT will complete all documentation in a
comprehensive and timely manner, congruent with policies.
The MHT will be responsible to build a diverse patient base through
the connections within the organization and others on the team. The
MHT will be familiar with and comfortable making additional
referrals to other community services. This role will also assume
responsibility for the business operations of the program. i.e.
responsible for the day-to-day administration of the practice
including awareness of scheduling, proficiency with necessary
technology to provide counseling services, and ability to complete
all required documentation.
What does a typical day look like?
- Partner with clients to develop person-centered treatment
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental
health and/or substance abuse disorders, when appropriate
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and
brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders,
when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem-solving
treatment, behavioral activation
- Systematically track treatment response and monitors clients
(in person or virtually) for progress towards treatment goals and
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships within the
- Participation in health and wellness activities within the
community or with the organization to build and maintain
- Involvement with the associate programs to increase awareness
of behavioral health services
- Extensive knowledge of community resources/services
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
in a team setting
- Ability to complete all documentation in a timely and
comprehensive manner, including but not limited to, treatment
plans, assessments, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Weekly supervision with Vice President of Clinical Services as
well as group supervision as needed
What you Contribute?
Education: Master's Degree in a behavioral health-related field and
licensure as health professional is required.
Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State of
California in a mental health field (Ph.D., LCSW/LMSW, LPC,
Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience in office
management and/or client services, minimum of one (1) year
experience working in an outpatient healthcare setting, experience
with a practice management system
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- 3 years behavioral healthcare experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job- it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health& well-being incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
- Current, valid and unrestricted California license in a mental
health field (Ph.D., LCSW/LMSW, LPC, etc.)
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Orange , Mental Health Therapist, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!