Company: International Paper
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Promote the health and safety of all employees. Provide medical
assistance to injured and/or ill employees. Assist the Health and
Safety Department administer the company's safety and health
programs. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: Provide direct medical
assistance to employees Work w/Paramedics to maintain Occupational
Health Department -dispense over the counter medication and safety
items. Maintain medical records of all employees. Administer
Worker's Compensation Duties Coordinate Care with Attending
Physician (s), W/C Adjusters and Case Managers Enhance wellness of
all employees while reducing on-job illness and injuries Manage
Health related Safety Programs CLINICAL CARE
- Assesses the health needs of workers
- Assesses, develop treatment plans, and treats employees within
appropriate standards and laws
- Provide biometric screening opportunities for all
- Counsels employees on reduction of risk associated with health
and safety hazards
- Uses and maintains accurate and complete records system, while
- Organize screening events to promote employee health and
wellness FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Collaborate with Occ-Med Physician, Corporate resources, Care
Providers and Worker's Compensation to manage costs while restoring
employees to optimal functional capacity
- Process medical billing for payment
- Order Employee Safety items and process for payment
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of vendor services
- Use and evaluate available heath care resources to achieve
optimal outcome KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with Employees, Department Managers,
Paramedics, Occ-Med Physician and Medical Community.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing (RN) and licensed
to practice as a registered nurse in State of Texas.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a nurse including ER,
Trauma, Critical Care, etc---
- Prefer Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN/COHN-S)
otherwise train and certify after meeting experience
- Maintain certification in Hearing Conservation (COHC -
Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist).
- Maintain certification in Case Management (CM)
- Maintain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Maintain American Heart Association instructor certification in
CPR/First Aid/AED training.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations and
responsibilities.-- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all systems of the Occupational Health Program.--
- Assist Paramedics with medical emergencies occurring at this
facility. Provide emergency care for contract workers if need
- Support Emergency Response Team with training and skill
development and post incident debriefings; ad hoc member of the
- Administer first aid and/or medical assistance as needed.
- Assess all worker's compensation injuries occurring while on
duty and review if occurring while off duty.
- Attend off site appointments for work related injuries and
coordinate all injury follow-up.
- Provide medical services as appropriate for Mill Team Employees
(IP, B&R, TLS).
- Advise injured personnel concerning additional medical
- Maintain adequate inventory of appropriate safety and medical
- Coordinate with Health and Safety Dept. in scheduling the
company CPR, First-Aid, and Safety and Health programs. Provide
instruction for classes regarding Bloodborne Pathogens, AED, Heat
Stress, Respiratory Protection and coordination of Hearing
- Assist in preparation of accident analysis reports and provide
recommendations for actions to correct injurious methods of
- Serve as case manager of all injured employees until such time
that the insurance administrator makes assignment of field nurse
- Handle all correspondence regarding worker's compensation claim
numbers, billing and medical appointments with routing to
- Coordinate necessary physicals, including eye exams and prepare
laminated cards as appropriate for employees.
- Provide health services to our employees such as lifestyle
coaching, health and wellness education and behavior health
- Maintain over-the-counter medication dispensing machine with
widely used medications.
- Process all administrative requirements for prescriptive safety
- Coordinate and schedule approved medical waste disposal program
and process for payment.
- Assist in conducting company safety and health orientations,
operation inspections with recommendations on potential hazards to
health and safety.
- Assist, as requested, in the administration of the company's
Accident and Sickness Programs.
- Prepare health and safety materials for bulletin boards, new
letters and health fairs, as requested.
- Coordinate administration of Hepatitis B, Flu and Tetanus
vaccinations and maintain applicable records.
- Coordinate safety shoe vendors, shoe mobile schedules, and post
dates of visits.
- Administer random, return-to-work, post-accident,
suspicion/cause, job transfer and pre-employment/post job offering
drug screens, as needed.
- Document treatments, maintain call log, medical records,
complete all filing, ordering of supplies, approve and process all
billing to appropriate party for payment.
- Coordinate Return to Work and Pre-Employment Health programs
- Attend Educational conferences to stay current with trends,
technologies, and treatments.
- Coordinate annual health fair for all employees.
Keywords: International Paper, Orange , Occupational Nurse, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!