Scientist Clinical Lab II -WD- Orange, CA req64378
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for
the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can
act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can
care about the work we do and the people we serve. At Quest,
Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role
in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we
offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1
Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating
the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver
cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and
breakthroughs. Scientist Clinical Lab II -WD- Orange, CA req64378
Scientist Clinical Lab II -WD- Orange, California - Monday to
Friday Job Summary Reports to Operations Supervisor, Laboratory
Supervisor or Laboratory Manager. Under minimal supervision
incumbent(s) will consistently and accurately perform either a
greater number or more varied amount of complex or difficult tasks
and assignments than the work performed by a Clinical Laboratory
Scientist I. This is considered a senior position and is the
highest level in a two-level job family. Job Accountabilities
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II will perform all or part of the
- Consistently and independently performs the most complex level
of clinical tests. Performs newly introduced tests to the
laboratory that require defined skills.
- Oversees the preparation of reagents or media as well as stock
solutions, standards and controls. Tests new reagents or controls
and evaluates their usefulness based on standard criteria.
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material at
- Determines the acceptability of specimens for testing according
to established criteria in testing procedures.
- Determines calculated results utilizing testing data by means
of manual or computerized procedures.
- Accurately enters results of testing. Checks the computer
review reports to monitor accurate reporting of results.
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine and complex analysis
prior to releasing patient reports. Recognizes and takes
appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or
unexpected results, and documents action taken.
- Responsible for scheduled preventative maintenance
troubleshooting and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Evaluates the results of instrument performance checks.
Performs linearity, accuracy and precision checks as required.
- Performs Q/C and calibrations with the appropriate frequency
and evaluates results, to decide whether tests should be
- Selects and evaluates control materials and data using
established criteria. Initiates a corrective action process
whenever test systems do not perform according to the established
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to detect and correct technical and
operational problems. Notifies the supervisor, and contacts
manufacturer or field service support for additional assistance, if
- Ensures accurate tracking and labeling of reagents and
- Promptly and courteously answers the phone and assists clients
and other departments with their inquiries.
- Consistently sets an example for other employees by maintaining
a safe and neat work area.
- Demonstrates effective communications and good working
relationships with departmental peers as well as employees within
- Trains less senior staff in proper performance of both routine
and complex procedures.
- Assists the supervisor to up-date and maintain the computer
database for their area of testing responsibility and/or the
- Assists the Supervisor or Manager with scheduling effective
weekly work loads.
- Assists department supervisor or manager by providing technical
direction to staff members. May provide feedback to supervisor on
individual and/or team learning progress.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, and in Quality
improvement meetings as assigned.
- Takes on additional business related responsibilities or
projects, as delegated by the Supervisor or Manager. This may
include but not be limited to: evaluation of new techniques and
procedures in terms of personnel and space requirements, method
comparison, cost analysis, establishment of reference ranges,
writing and revising technical procedures, and evaluation of
productivity and key results measures.
- Maintains professional growth and development through
continuing education activities.
- Sets an example for following established company and
departmental policies and guidelines for attendance, and
performance improvement. Responsible for following the guidelines
for safety, environmental, and infection control.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty in
- Provides direct and constant supervision of unlicensed staff as
required. Job Requirements The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II
will have demonstrated a consistently high level of proficiency and
performance in laboratory sciences, in addition, incumbent must
- A Bachelors of Science degree in medical technology or
biological sciences from an accredited college or university.
- A current California state Clinical Laboratory Scientist
license to perform laboratory testing.
- Demonstrated, by means of performance, advanced level of
proficiency in all the above accountabilities plus at least 6
months of direct experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills such as EXCEL
spread sheets, word processing, statistical analysis, and
laboratory information system.
- Demonstrated higher level of performance and accuracy in
clinical testing, reporting and results than what is expected of a
Clinical Laboratory Scientist I. [All requirements are subject to
possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job
functions.] All requirements are subject to possible modifications
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest
Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Orange , Scientist Clinical Lab II -WD- Orange, CA req64378, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!