Registered Nurse OR (FT) - LaVeta Surgical Center
Company: SCA Health
Posted on: June 22, 2022
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 17443
Group Name: TGS
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in
our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and
communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in
health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for
patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a
national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate
more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million
patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile
techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record
for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
Education - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or
acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
Keywords: SCA Health, Orange , Registered Nurse OR (FT) - LaVeta Surgical Center, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!