Environmental Health Safety & Facilities Manager
Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic
instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of
approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than
150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service,
and support locations in 30 countries around the world. AMETEK is
publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a
component of the S&P 500.AMETEK IntelliPower, Inc., located in
Orange County, California, has been designing, manufacturing, and
supporting high-performance, cost effective rugged Uninterruptible
Power Systems (UPS) and frequency/voltage conversion solutions to
protect mission-critical applications since 1988.
IntroductionAMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of
electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual
sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at
more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales,
service, and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:
AME) and a component of the S&P 500.AMETEK IntelliPower, Inc.,
located in Orange County, California, has been designing,
manufacturing, and supporting high-performance, cost effective
rugged Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) and frequency/voltage
conversion solutions to protect mission-critical applications since
1988. Job SummaryThe EHS & Facilities Manager is accountable to
lead and manage the efforts to ensure compliance, both regulatory
and with internal policies, build a strong safety culture and in
the process reduce injuries and make the business more efficient
and productive through the implementation of a strong integrated
environmental health and safety management system. (S)He will drive
the division's EHS cultural improvements through identifying and
addressing risks, maintaining compliance, determining root causes
for incidents, developing corrective actions and providing training
that sustain the AMETEK Safety Policy. This position reports to the
General Manager and is part of the Company's leadership team.Roles
& ResponsibilitiesThis position has responsibility for:
- Maintaining regulatory compliance in environmental and
hazardous waste management.
- Provide professional EHS expertise and leadership to deliver a
robust and sustainable EHS culture for the Business.
- Identify and assess risks. Develop and implement sound control
measures consistent with zero injury / zero environmental incidents
- Implement, lead, and manage all EHS programs and systems to
ensure worker safety and comply with all applicable USDOL OSHA
Standards, Directives and Local Emphasis Programs, US EPA and State
- Effectively develop, manage, and report critical EH&S
metrics throughout the organization.
- Lead the cross-functional Safety Committee.
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop managers, supervisors, and
employees to achieve EHS objectives and to support individual
employee EHS knowledge and development. Develop and implement
training programs to ensure all workers have current EHS
- Implement EHS program elements and directing efforts to improve
supervisor and employee safety culture.
- Directly and through others, create and implement all AMETEK
EHS practices, procedures, metrics, systems, and structures to
align with AMETEK best practices and the USDOL OSHA, US EPA, and
- Develops, maintains, tracks, and conducts EH&S training for
all business groups.
- Regularly conduct Plant EHS audits and assess Plant EHS Risks.
Identify and implement changes to mitigate any risk, improve
facility EHS programs, increase the effectiveness of all EHS
programs and, where prudent, reduce cost; implement and drive the
6S steps to mitigate risk.
- Support Operations in developing, implementing, and maintaining
suitable repair and maintenance programs.
- Lead and project-manage ongoing and future facilities
improvement projects. Competency RequirementsTo perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Must operate with credibility as an EHS technical expert,
overseeing consultants / contractors with the ability to implement
- Must have technical acumen and attention to detail.
- Must be familiar with the applicable USDOL OSHA Standards,
Directives and Local Emphasis Programs, US EPA, and State
- Knowledge of sustainability initiatives, energy reductions
activities, recycling, LEED. Minimum Qualifications (Experience and
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful EH&S leadership at plant
level, ready for an increase of responsibility.
- Expertise in using equipment designed to inspect, test,
monitor, and measure environmental levels.
- Hands-on experience with the development, implementation, and
continuous improvement of EHS programs and systems in a
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to provide
effective and meaningful EHS direction and training to Company
employees, customers, division, and corporate management.
- Experience of driving change to improve current practices and
introduce new concepts that are sustainable including development
and implementation of suitable training programs.
- Participates/conducts investigations of accidents and near
misses, and prepares reports related to safety issues.
- Hazardous waste management, including collection, labeling,
storage, and disposal.
- Maintain, prepare, and submit annually updates of the Haz Mat
- Passion for eliminating incidents that result in injury,
environmental damage, or non-compliance issues.
- Develop and drive a working environment establishing a
sustainable culture of safety utilizing 6S principles. Education
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Health & Safety,
Earth & Environmental science, Industrial Hygiene or similar major.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office
environment with frequent presence on the shop floor of an
electronics assembly and test facility.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office
products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Orange , Environmental Health Safety & Facilities Manager, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!