UVA Primary Care Locust Grove-Family Medicine Physician
Company: University of Virginia Physicians Group
Posted on: November 19, 2022
UVA Primary Care Locust Grove is seeking a family medicine
physician to join their practice in Locust Grove, VA.Position
- Practice Hours 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday
- 4 day work week
- Join a team of 2 physicians (1 internal medicine, 1
pediatrician) and 1 NP
- Call rotated among all providers
- Cardiology specialist in practice on rotationJob Description
- Responsible for providing physician services, including
assessing and managing patients in the clinic and other locations,
i.e., hospital, assisted living facility, ambulatory surgery
center, within the scope of licensing, training, and credentialing
and depending on specialty.
- Works in conjunction with the medical director, administrative
management, office manager and nursing staff to facilitate patient
management through the health care system.
- Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosing
and initiation of medical processes or procedures commensurate with
training and experience and as credentialed by the UVA Health
- Performs and legibly documents comprehensive health histories
and physical assessments on assigned patients and episodic
evaluation on others, to include initiation of CPR or other
appropriate emergency therapy as needed.
- Formulates diagnoses and identifies problems and health risk
profiles of selected patients and documentation and communicates
this information to other members of the health care team.
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies, such as
x-rays and laboratory tests, in consultation with staff.
- Performs procedures and/or surgeries with scope of practice and
UVA Health System credentials/privileges.
- Orders medications, treatment and therapies in accordance with
Virginia Prescriptive regulations.
- Requests consultation and initiates referrals to other
physicians, including specialists and other healthcare providers
when and if needed.
- Evaluates and analyzes patient responses to the disease process
or therapeutic or diagnostic interventions.
- Provides information and support to patients and families
regarding disease process and treatment plan, thus facilitating
communication between patients/families and healthcare team.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities either in practice or
- Educates patient and families regarding planned diagnostic
procedures, medications, and treatments.
- Manages patients in accordance with established UVA Health
System and UVA UPG policies and procedures.
- Participate in hospital, nursing home, assisted living or other
institutional care setting practice if appropriate.
- Examines systems and processes in populations and recommends,
develops, implements and evaluates strategies for improvement.
- Promotes timely and compassionate communication between
families and health care team.
- Report in a timely manner births, deaths, outbreaks of
contagious diseases and other information critical to the patient's
and/or the public's health as required by legal or governmental
- Meets quality standards as determined by the Medical Director
and/or UVA Health System.
- May serve on selected committees of nursing, medical and
administrative staff as needed.
- May participate in the clinical experience of medical students,
interns, residents, and graduate nurses as appropriate.
- Participates in group peer and other review activities.
- Prepare and attend to all reports, claims, and correspondence
necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional
- Promote the professional practice of the group. -
- Perform other duties as assigned occasionally that are
commensurate with professional service normally and customarily
provided by a physician. -
- Follow policies and procedures, including those of UPG, UVA
Health System, CMS and other contracted payers with which the group
may contract. -
- Accurately assigns Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes
and ICD Diagnosis codes.
- Works with Administrative Management on the implementation of
policies regarding Advanced Beneficiary Notices (ABN) and other
payor requirements necessary to ensure the timely payment of
- Participates in activities that contribute to the education of
other health care professionals.
- Develops and presents educational programs to the medical and
- Participate in the design and development of teaching
- Updates practice through continuing education by attending
conferences, rounds, reports, lectures, journal clubs and
regional/national professional conferences.
- Serves as clinical resource in the care of patients to nursing,
medical and allied healthcare practitioners.
- Seeks professional growth opportunities that enhance
professional practice through both formal and informal
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.MINIMUM
- Graduate of Accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of
Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO). Completion of
Accredited Residency in chosen specialty,Experience:
- Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from
residency, must be obtained within 2 years of graduation) must be
kept current, Unrestricted license to practice within the
Commonwealth of Virginia, Current DEA certificate without
- Experience utilizing a personal computer and computerized
scheduling.PHYSICAL DEMANDSJob requires standing for prolonged
periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead,
extensive, and repetitive); Repetitive motion: computer keyboard.
-Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to
detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 -
100lbs. -May be exposed to noise, radiation, radioactive materials,
blood/body fluids and infectious disease.COVID Vaccination
Requirement and GuidelinesPlease visit -the - -webpage -prior to
applying for current information regarding vaccination
requirements---and---guidelines for employment at UVA.The
University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which
represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing,
UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library,
are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and
staff. - We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself
through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. - We are
equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital
status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran
status, and family medical or genetic information.
Keywords: University of Virginia Physicians Group, Orange , UVA Primary Care Locust Grove-Family Medicine Physician, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!