Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Stanbridge University
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of
Nursing is responsible for planning, managing and evaluating all
aspects of the program including faculty and staff, curriculum
development and implementation, compliance with California Board of
Registered Nursing (BRN) rules and regulations. The Assistant
Director performs the Director of Nursings duties in the absence of
Employment Status:full-time, salaried, exemptDate Posted:Jul 10th,
- Assist in facilitating and coordinating activities related to
academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources,
facilities, services and program evaluation.
- Coordinate clinical learning experiences and tabulating and
summarizing program surveys.
- Assists in recruitment, interviewing and orientation of nursing
faculty and staff, reviews and maintains minutes from all program
meetings and meets with students and faculty as needed.
- Assisting the Nursing Program Director in coordinating
activities related to academic policies, curriculum, resources,
facilities, services and program evaluation including assisting in
managing faculty schedules and arranging substitutions or
substitutes in areas of California Board of Registered Nursing
- Act as an advocate for the student and for the
- Substitute teaching responsibilities in areas of California
Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) approval.
- A Masters Degree in Nursing or higher from an accredited
college or university which includes course work in nursing,
education or administration.
- A minimum of one (1) years experience teaching as an instructor
in pre- or post-licensure programs (such as associate,
baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral degree nursing
- A minimum of one year's experience as an administrator with
validated performance of administrative responsibilities.
- A minimum four (4) year of continuous full-time experience, or
equivalent as a registered nurse providing direct patient care in
geriatrics, medical-surgical, mental health psychiatric nursing,
obstetrics or pediatrics within the past five (5) years; or
equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of
Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Knowledge of Board of Nursing regulations for clinical learning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are
representative of those required of an employee to perform the
essential functions of this job successfully.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically
present in the office.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while
sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent
interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short
distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or
other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly
and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information;
sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands
voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or
moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- An organization that values and appreciates its
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer with values
and appreciation for its employees.
Keywords: Stanbridge University, Orange , Assistant Director of Nursing, Healthcare , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!