Payroll Manager - ADP WFN Expert
Company: H&S Energy Products, LLC
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Position SummaryThe Payroll Manager reports directly to the HR
Director and to the CFO of the Company. He/she will manage a team
of payroll personnel to process multiple company codes for 1000+
employees across 100+ locations.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Fast paced environment involving management of payroll process
and performance of accounting-related tasks for approximately 1
employees of Company and its related entities and affiliates.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local requirements by
studying existing and new legislations for all applicable state and
federal wage and hour and related laws, enforcing adherence to such
laws and requirements and advising management on needed
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data through use of
automated systems, to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in
exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles and
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross
payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit
deductions, etc.) for management.
- Produce accurate and actionable payroll reports for upper
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, sick
time and accruals.
- Contact various department supervisors or station managers for
any missing information.
- Pull and provide multiple internal management reports for
- Calculate and deduct appropriate amounts from payroll checks,
including tax withholdings and other garnishments.
- Verify all overtime hours with appropriate management personnel
prior to issuing payroll checks.
- Obtain and verify direct deposit banking information from
- Oversee internal payroll and accounting audits on a semi-annual
- Ensure payment of employees by supervising the production and
issuances of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts or
payroll debit cards.
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of
employees' federal and state income taxes and social security
taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment and workers
- Provide accountants for the Company with all necessary payroll
reports, quarterly and annually, such as 940/941 reports, etc.
- Balance payroll accounts by resolving payroll
- Provide payroll information to employees and management and
answer all such questions and written requests.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating payroll
policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict employee confidences and protect payroll
operations by ensuring the confidentiality of all such employee
- Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, and training
employees, as needed.
- Maintain payroll staff performance by counseling and
disciplining direct reports, planning, monitoring and appraising
- Stay current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR,
benefits and other related programs, and to ensure effective
- Must facilitate management and employee understanding of
- Must be able to make quick decisions under tight
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Upon the direction of HR, process termination requests and
payouts to terminated employees, including preparing and sending
complete set of termination documents and enclosures to station
managers for processing.Education and Work Experience
- Expertise with ADP Workforce Now, ADP essential time or
enhanced time, additional ADP products/modules a plus.
- Significant depth of payroll processing experience, 10+ years
- Extremely knowledgeable of federal, state and local wage and
hour laws, meal & rest period laws and all regulatory/compliance
laws pertaining to payroll processing.
- Demonstrable positive outcomes in handling employee inquiries
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Excellent time management abilities; ability to prioritize
tasks and exercise sound judgment
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and oral
and written communication skills, and a talent for strong client
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and exercise sound
judgment; demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage daily work projects and
multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated efficiency and attention to detail and follow
- Strong skills in problem analysis and problem resolution
- Strong team player
- Computer proficiency: Advanced capabilities with MS Word &
Microsoft Excel along with working knowledge of Outlook and Power
- People Management skills - ability to diffuse and manage
- Data Entry Management and reporting skills
- Work experience in a retail work environment
- Knowledge of Gas Station/Convenience Store Retail Industry
- Proven problem/resolution skills to identify root cause and
solutions to challenges
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successful perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands, fingers,
handle or feel objects, tools and controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
(example; standard filing boxes)
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and
the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and
in an office setting.
Ability to perform numerous physical activities that require
considerable use of your hands, arms and legs and moving your whole
body, including prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and lifting of materials. Frequent
lifting, grasping, and carrying materials and equipment up to 50
lbs. Proficient hand/eye dexterity is essential to operate cash
register (POS) and to stock displays and coolers. Must be able to
communicate well enough to receive instructions and provide
information to others. Must be able to work inside and outside in
all types of weather.
Keywords: H&S Energy Products, LLC, Orange , Payroll Manager - ADP WFN Expert, Human Resources , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!