Technical Analyst - EDI
Posted on: November 21, 2022
EquiliemHealthcare specializes in staffing clinical,
non-clinical, and allied personnel. We excel in all levels,
disciplines, and specialties within the healthcare spectrum. Our
projects range from short to long term local and travel
assignments. Equiliemhas been recognized as a certified small
business enterprise. In addition, we are proud that we have earned
the prestigious Joint Commission accreditation for staffing firms
and have been awarded Best in Staffing 4 years running by our
employees and client partners.
The Technical Analyst Int. facilitates the coordination and
integration of program related activities through vendor-supported
and in-house developed software. The incumbent will define system
scope, objectives, and business requirements to meet user needs,
assist business customers in making informed decisions regarding
the development, configuration, and functionality of various
application, and provide technical consulting to end users on
systems projects. The incumbent provides coordination and services
relevant to key functions of software supported by the Information
Technology Services (ITS) department, which supports a variety of
end users and software, usually provided by a third-party vendor.
The incumbent will contribute to the support and maintenance of
assigned applications and serve as a technical
- Participates in a mission-driven culture of high-quality
performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency,
dignity and accountability.
- Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities
and collaborates with others to support short- and long-term
goals/priorities for the department.
- Works with in-house development staff or vendor and business
department to devise or modify procedures to solve complex
- Develops, generates, and maintains standard, custom, and ad-hoc
documentation, including reports and/or queries from the applicable
source system. Monitors, audits and administers database integrity
and security. Researches and recommends solutions to system
- Creates companion documentation to assist our partners (Health
Networks, Trading Partners, providers, etc.) in implementing new
transactions with ITS.
- Designs, analyzes, and maintains system configuration data and
new ITS modules, work process design and flow. Assists in
identifying new application requirements and software products to
- Collaborates with business departments to assist with their
requirements and define options and methods to accomplish their
- Works with business departments to Quality Assurance (QA) data
to their satisfaction for program implementation to
- Participates in progressively more complex projects and perform
progressively more complex analyses as s/he advances.
- Monitors daily production processes to ensure that any issues
that present themselves, can be easily mitigated and not negatively
impact the business.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
- Identify and analyze issues, and methodically track down source
of problems and recommend solutions.
- Assist business with possible solutions and test scenarios for
- Act as a liaison between relevant internal departments and
trading partner community.
- Perform the day-to-day Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
Health leadership and staff.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft
Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific
applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts,
spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Services or related field or
equivalent work experience in Information Services
- 1 year of experience in Healthcare EDI background with an
understanding of Healthcare EDI standards (X12) and transactions
- 1 year of experience in Information Technology Services related
to Health Services required.
- 1 year of experience in ITS technical application support
- 1 year of experience in computer hardware and/or software
troubleshooting techniques and system support required.
- 1 year of recent experience with the Microsoft Office tools:
SQL Analyzer, Word, Excel (MS Project and Visio a plus)
- Prior experience with SQL Server 2016 preferred.
- Experience with Project Management Software Development Life
Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall or Agile
- Experience with system interfaces and an understanding of data
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) X12
transactions and code sets; preferably 5010 transaction standards
for Health Care.
- Basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Healthcare, Managed Care, Claims and Provider
Keywords: Equiliem, Orange , Technical Analyst - EDI, IT / Software / Systems , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!