Posted on: October 8, 2018
CHOC has an immediate need for a PMP Certified Project Manager II to head projects onsite at CHOC. Projects will include infastructure, Cerner EHR, Cisco, LMS, and others. Needs to be able to handle at least 3-5 projects at a time with limited guidance and resources. This is a Temp to Hire role!
1) Need to have PMP
2) Needs B.S. degree
3) Needs to have at least 3-5 years of infrastructure and EMR Project Management experience. (Cerner Preferred)
4) Needs to have 3 years experience managing multiple projects at a time (At least 3-4 projects at a time)
5) Must be willing to be hired at the end of 3-6 months
This is an EXEMPT role. Temp to Hire / Max salary at $110K per year.
Bill rate structure is as follows:
Local $3,500 per week max
Non-Local $4,400 per week max
Job Description and minimum qualifications are provided below:
The Project Manager II reports to the Manager of the Project Management Office. The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager II include application and interface planning and development, implementation planning and installation, application training and education, project management, and quality service and support. Project management responsibilities include implementation evaluation and analysis, budgeting, resource allocation, management of existing systems, and strategic planning for new projects. The Project Manager II has ability to think
and act independently. The Project Manager II interacts with CHOC associates and management, SJH management, outside consultants and vendors.
3-5 years of Healthcare Information System Implementation experience.
3-5 years previous Project Management experience.
One year supervisory and project management experience with IT personnel.
B.S. in Computer Science
Microsoft Project Server 2007
Project management principles
Microsoft Project 2007
Management of operational and capital budgets
Employee relations, recruitment, and retention strategies.
Microsoft Project Server 2007
MS Office Suite
Individual must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Essential Job Functions
1) Consistently produces quality end results by ensuring that system implementations/enhancements reflect end user requirements and process, with that of system functionality. Ensures project schedules are maintained and up-to-date. Ensures resource assignments and allocations are maintained, up-to-date, and equitable. Ensures the PMO project / program management tool is maintained and up-to-date. Ensures project, schedule, resource, vendor, etc. conflicts are addressed in a respectful and timely manner.
2) Ensures to consistently utilize standard project documentation on all projects which include Project Definition/Scope document, Project Budget Estimate, Project Plan, Lessons Learned and any additional documentation in accordance with IS documentation standards. Participates with
PMO manager to make recommendations to enhance PMO documentation.
3) Realistic end user timeframes are scheduled for projects, with routine communication provided to appropriate user community at each critical phase. Ensures budgets and financial forecasts are maintained, managed, and up-to-date.
4) Provides a teamwork environment at all times, as well as a pro-active IS training environment. Ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
5) Partners with management and business owner to recommend automated solutions in area of expertise to maximizing the benefits achieved through use of automated systems as evidenced by developing the documentation of workflow analysis of existing systems, in accordance with IS
6) Responsible for implementation evaluation and analysis, resource allocation, management of existing systems, strategic planning for new projects, and project tracking. Designs or conducts analytical studies, cost-benefit analyses, or other research.
7) Manages and directs project resources and resource utilization through the projects life cycle and is consistently on target with resource task schedule.
8) Proven ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions when managing projects and resources to ensure conflicts do not arise as evidenced by pro-actively addressing potential resource issues.
9) Manages and directs projects to completion and is consistently within budget as evidenced by adhering to the project plan and managing the project funding, in accordance with IS documentation standards and approved budget.
10) Manages project costs efficiently, reflective of project budget and timeline expectations and is consistently within budget and timeline.
11) Ability to provide complex solutions pro-actively & independently within the IT skill set. Creative solutions for projects are exercised wherever possible, as well as demonstrated awareness for expense management
12) Proven ability to lead a large team and promotes collaboration among project team members and guarantees success of work efforts for the identification, approval and commitment to project tasks to ensure completion, as evidenced by management of the project plan, in accordance
with IS documentation standards
13) Consistently meets milestones and ensures project work is completed in accordance with objectives and timetables, as evidenced by management of the project plan, in accordance with IS documentation standards.
14) Proven ability to think and act independently and guarantees success of work efforts and decreased re-work through appropriate documentation, testing as evidenced by review of prepared test scripts and verified test results, in accordance with IS documentation standards
15) Communicates & follows up pro-actively, develops appropriate documentation where applicable. Determines appropriate products or services with clients or customers to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables. Maintains vendor and user relationships, and communicates status and problems, as evidenced by production of status reports and issues lists, in accordance with IS Project Management Office documentation standards
16) Leads departmental performance improvement activities as evidenced by participation in service excellence teams, and review of system related regulatory reviews, in accordance with established policy
17) Leads project task force meetings or work groups. Ensures meetings are documented on issues, resolutions and status updates. Documents and responds to all vendor project correspondence, ensures status update reports are completed and reported to stake holders, in accordance with IS Project Management Office documentation standards
18) Proven ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions. Makes improvements, solves problems, or takes corrective action when problems arise. Ensures to document all problem-solving measures that then properly allow for other team members to resolve recurring problems effectively & efficiently.
19) Consistently develops logical, detail-oriented project plans & estimates, including implementation timeframes, resource estimates, and cost estimates as demonstrated by formally documented project plans. Responsible for the day to day management of assigned team members as well as management of the project/program budget.
20) Consistently uses and is proficient in all aspects of the project management methodology and software tools such as (1) Microsoft Project Server as demonstrated by use in tasks such as project planning & tracking of tasks (2) Microsoft Visio as demonstrated by use in diagramming
information systems processes (3) Project Definition (4) Scope Change Management (5) Status Reports (6) Creation of templates for as needed for project management (7) Development of reports as needed for project management
21) Maintains and uses Heat to provide management of CSR's and tickets as evidenced by utilization of methodologies that reduce call backs, maintaining ticket age no greater than 30 days old.
22) Ensures to escalate problems in a timely manner with the ability to provide solutions pro-actively to the PMO Manager and/or other on-call/management staff & vendors as necessary & as evidenced by problem documentation, such as Heat information, & timely problem resolution outcomes
If you believe you are qualified and have interest in this opportunity please reach out to me at the information listed below.
MODIS (Email Address Withheld by Request)
Keywords: , Orange , Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!