Manager, IT Infrastructure
Company: Western Dental Services, Inc
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Western Dental Services, Inc., California's largest dental services provider and one of the nation's largest dental HMO's, is looking for a Manager of IT Infrastructure to join our team.Summary Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure & Security in our corporate office in Orange, CA. the successful candidate will lead the IT Infrastructure Systems team collaborating with technology team members and business partners to plan and execute infrastructure projects to completion. Responsibilities include asset management, storage network planning & implementation, server administration, monitoring, backup, systems security and risk management. This individual will provide infrastructure thought leadership and direction for project proposals and execution. Strong infrastructure management experience and skills are essential. Candidate must be a quick study and comfortable working independently and leading technical and non-technical teams.The ideal candidate will have excellent relationship building, communications, influencing, and problem-solving skills, a passion for staying technically current, ability to quickly become an expert in new features and technologies, and possesses a strong vision for increasing adoption of current, planned, and future solutions. Team management tasks may include but are not limited to assignment of projects and tasks, management of subordinate performance, administration of time reporting, training and recruiting and orientation of new employees. The successful candidate should be able to prepare and submit periodic progress reports and accomplishments to the next level of leadership. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. WDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016), VMware vSphere 5.5-6.5 and VDI (Horizon View 6/7) Virtualization, Hyper-V, Cisco networking and SAN technology.
- Designs & supports enterprise-level storage systems (Pure, 3PAR, Netapp, VSAN) with VMWare ESXi virtualization platform based on business requirements which are secure/robust/reliable/scalable and aligned with enterprise architecture principles.
- Updates and maintains centralized information management systems (ticket systems, architecture diagram archives, CMDB, SOPs)
- Performs all aspects of monitoring, capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization, lifecycle management of storage and virtualization infrastructure within the enterprise.
- Provides technical evaluations, consulting, design for projects as required by the business.
- Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with our business value.
- Assist the senior management team with the right planning and budgeting of company-wide IT infrastructure spending.
- Assist in implementing/complying with Information Security policies including compliance with all HIPAA and PCI related requirements
- Planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for cost savings, service quality improvement and vendor management.
- Familiar with HP, IBM and similar server hardware, firmware, and blade server technology
- Monitor and maintain data center environment, network and servers to ensure security, data integrity and availability for users. Must review log files on a scheduled basis and retrieve backup data when requested by authorized personnel.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- PowerShell, Perl, and other programming languages for automation
- Infrastructure services, such as LDAP, Active Directory, FTP, SQL databases
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and at times responding to emergency situations during off hours.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic, trust, integrity and accountability.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Moderate physical effort equal to occasional lifting or moving of computers/servers (up to 50 pounds).
- Monitor and maintain data center environment, network and servers to ensure security and availability for users. Must review log files on a scheduled basis and retrieve backup data when requested by authorized personnel.
- Responsible for backup operation, ensuring that required data is successfully backed up to appropriate media and disposition of media is managed properly to ensure timely recovery. REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science) and 5-7 years of experience; or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of Personnel Management experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in Data center management, DR Solutions, PCI compliance, HIPAA, 24X7 infrastructure
- Backup & Restore/DR (Veeam, NetBackup) and custom Robocopy / rsync and similar data replication techniques
- Providing infrastructure design and support services for Microsoft SQL 2008 - 2017
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio, Project).
- Experience with IT Strategy Development is a plus
- Must be extremely well organized, flexible, and responsive with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Cloud Services - Microsoft Azure. AWS a plus.
- Must be able to thrive in a team-oriented environment DESIRED/OPTIONAL
- Experience in a multi-regional healthcare, retail, or dental company.
- Experience in HIPAA & PCI environments / compliance
- Experience with MIM
- SSL Certificates and Managed PKI
- Hyper-Converged Solutions including VMware, Simplivity,Nutanix & Cisco
- Traffic optimizers, such as Riverbed and F5 load balancers
- MCSE, VMware VCP or similar certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework or similar models for IT workflow
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy laws and practices is a plus - provided by Dice Infrastructure, Microsoft Windows, VMware, vSphere, Data Center Management, Compliance
Keywords: Western Dental Services, Inc, Orange , Manager, IT Infrastructure, IT / Software / Systems , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!