Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Interested in working for a company where you are challenged to
think outside of the box, work with motivated colleagues and have
opportunity for growth? We are looking for a Senior Business
Systems Analyst/SQL Analyst to start immediately with a rapidly
growing and well-established Energy in North Orange County. Highly
desired work culture and competitive compensation package!This
person will join a team that supports many critical business
systems, including SQL Server, SQL Integration Services, SQL
Reporting Services, BizTalk, and ERP platforms. This position will
regularly interface with business analysts and customers to gather
requirements, provide estimates, execute work, perform quality
testing and provide application support.ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES:Participate in all phases of development of
database and system projects from definition and design through
implementation, debugging, testing and deployment. Support and
maintain existing systems, applications, jobs and
- Develop stored procedures and views in SQL Server to support
new business requirements.
- Develop SSIS packages to support business requirements and data
- Develop new reports from multiple data sources using SSRS.
- Participate in peer code reviews and QA testing
- Maintain data integrity when manipulating data files for the
purpose of analysis. Validate data thoroughly by using multiple
data sources or criteria when necessary to ensure accuracy of
- Create mock-ups of planned development work and get buy-in from
appropriate SMEs or product owners prior to execution.
- Follow best practices and established standards when developing
new applications, processes, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert as it pertains to our
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as
necessaryApplication and Data Support
- Act as Tier 2 and 3 application support for our systems; this
requires active monitoring, maintenance and support of
- Manage, monitor and validate regular data downloads from the
company's and partners business systems.
- Ensure that all jobs are running successfully and take
appropriate actions when issues are found.
- Independently identify and solve data problems, informing all
- Troubleshoot SSIS package failures and fix as necessary
- Work with 3rd party vendors and engineers as
- Evaluate and automate database and reporting systems regularly
to improve and maintain efficiency and reliability.
- Identify user needs to create and administer databases; ensure
that the database operates efficiently and without error. Make and
test modifications to the database structure when needed.
- Backup and restore data to prevent data loss, merge old
databases into new ones.
- Actively monitor database systems and troubleshoot errors.Misc
- Document all essential duties and processes in a manual format
for training purposes.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities as
- Strong attention to detailQUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years SQL Server 2012/2017 administration experience.
- 5+ years T-SQL development experience, with good working
knowledge of best practices.
- ETL and BI solution development and maintenance experience
using SQL Server 2008R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. Zappy's and CozyRoc
components a plus.
- Experience working with source control systems - TFS, Azure
DevOps a plus.
- Oracle EPM/OBI experience a plus.
- Experience with T-SQL development/analysis in an environment
using ORM tools.
- Experience with SQL Server Profiler to diagnose SQL
- Experience with SharePoint 2013/SharePoint Online.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
- Possess excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed
and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi
task, and deliver quality results.
- Required: 5-7 years of experience of progressive experience in
an Information Technology environment as a Business Systems Analyst
or SQL Developer
- Preferred Oil and Gas Industry experience. Familiarity with
DM2, PDI, Sage or Trinium ERP systems.TECHNOLOGY TO BE USED:
- Hardware -PC's/laptops/terminals/tablets
- Operating Systems -Windows 7/8/10
- Tools - MS Office Suite: Office 365, MS Project, Visio, SSMS,
Visual Studio, Red Gate SQL Tool Belt, Manage Engine, Zappy's /
CozyRoc SSIS components
- Collaboration: Slack, Skype, Zoom, Webex,
- SQL Server: 5 years (Required)
- T-SQL: 5 years (Preferred)We are an equal opportunity employer
and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring,
training, and job assignments are made without regard to race,
color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all
qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a
manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of
Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Ledgent, Orange , Sr. Business Systems Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!