Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2020
The Buyer I is responsible for securing third-party rentals and
purchasing daily material for jobs; assisting Project
managers/Estimators on quoting project bids; selecting vendors;
negotiating prices; monitoring selected vendors for SCM; and
negotiating terms and pricing with vendors. This position is
located in our Orange, California office and supports the
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards
while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and
* Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core
* Process daily material requisitions from the jobsites to supply
the site with third-party rental equipment, materials and supplies
at a reasonable cost and by the date required.
* Request pricing for project managers and estimators as needed to
allow them to prepare their bids in the most time and cost
efficient methods possible.
* Identify new vendors that can provide the most cost-efficient,
timely, and quality products possible; maintain relationship with
* Process invoices for billing purposes, and research invoices that
were rejected by Accounts Payable.
* Negotiate pricing with new vendors.
* Monitor Third-party Vendor supply chain.
* Conform to MSICI Management Systems Manual (MSM) and SOP's.
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.
* 2+ years of experience in purchasing, preferably in the
* Experience in purchasing and industrial sales environment
* Ability to work well with and support internal customers, and
lead team members
* Computer skills include some use of Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, the Internet and Penta.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills are necessary.
* Occasional overtime and willingness to travel as
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected
characteristic or category. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Orange , Buyer I, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!