Company: Chapman University
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Position Summary InformationJob Description SummaryServes as the
administrative liaison between the Vice President of Campus
Planning & Design and the campus and external communities. Manages
the VP CP&Ds schedule and correspondence. Compiles and
distributes materials and reports for assigned board committee.
Coordinates the activities of the Office of the VP CP&D with
discretion and professionalism. Acts as the primary contact person
for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to
the office. Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on multiple
issues and requests for information and meeting scheduling. Manages
special projects. Attends meetings and takes meeting notes.
Develops procedures to perform a variety of administrative
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison on any matter
directed to the Office of Campus Planning & Design by university
and community constituencies, as well as external professionals and
- Coordinate the operation of the Office of the VP CP&D;
create appropriate filing systems, including paper and
computer-based systems, create operational manual for the office
and create a tracking system for vacation and absence schedules for
direct reports to the VP CP&D.
- Manage and prioritize communications (emails, phone calls) with
discretion and independent judgment in addressing the concerns and
requests within and outside of the Chapman community, including but
not limited to members of the governing boards, major donors,
prominent community members, academic leaders, administrative
partners, external professionals and vendors.
- Prioritize and manage visits and meeting requests for the VP
CP&D based on knowledge of the complex calendar.
- Review, prioritize and respond to incoming correspondence and
paperwork, with discretion and efficiency.
- Manage business operations for the office, including processing
contracts and invoices, purchasing, expense reports and preparation
of monthly reconciliation reports.
- Communicate and work closely with Campus Planning staff
regarding requests from VP CP&D.
- Coordinate with FM staff on collaborative efforts and shared
- Facilitate critical projects and activities and track
- Gather, investigate and analyze specific issues affecting the
office, independently develop and prepare non-routine response,
reports and correspondence that can be sensitive and confidential
- Participate in the development, preparation and delivery of
reports, publications, speeches, presentations, official
- Administer VP CP&Ds frequent travel schedules, arrangements
and expenditure reimbursements.
- Manage renewal of licenses and professional memberships of the
- Prepare meeting agendas and take minutes for meetings as
- Hire, on-board, train and supervise temporary and student
employees, as directed and assigned by the VP CP&D.
- Develop office procedures and maintain office and executive
files in accordance to regulations, policies and procedure.
- Compile and maintain the Campus Planning Project List and
- Coordinate the compilation and distribution of board committee
reports and provide support for board committee activities
- Coordinate the assembling and distribution of board committee
- Provide support for board committee activities relating to the
Real Estate, Building and Grounds Committee.
- Record accurate meeting minutes, track and record board
decisions, and obtain approvals on board minutes when needed.
- Keep VP CP&D informed of upcoming deadlines and follow up
items from board committee meetings
- Research and participate in complex writing, reporting, and
organizing projects for the VP CP&D, for a diverse set of
high-level leaders at the university and professional organizations
to which the VP CP&D belongs.
- Research and collect data for special projects, or review data
gathered by others for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations as required
- Assist in the preparation of annual report of the
- Schedule meetings, create agendas, graphs and materials for
affiliations the VP CP&D has an active leadership role in to
include the Association of University Architects (AUA) and the
Harvard Alumni Association (HAA).
- Schedule WACUBO meetings, create agendas, graphs and materials
while EVP/COO is an officer for WACUBORequired Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education or experience related
to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A minimum of five years experience providing administrative
support for professional staff, preferably at management level and
preferably in higher education.
- Experience coordinating logistics for meetings, events and
- Demonstrated written communication skills to prepare,
proof-read and edit clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to interact with diverse individuals and groups at all
organizational levels, both within and outside the University, with
tact and diplomacy.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to include the
ability to multi-task and complete assigned duties in a timely
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, secure information/data, and
make recommendations based upon the information/data gathered.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the
ability to formulate and communicate logical conclusions and
- Excellent telephone etiquette and the ability to take accurate,
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and
preferably Adobe In-DesignPosition Title: Executive
AssistantPosition Type: StaffJob Number: 20170755Full or Part Time:
Full TimeEmployee Status: RegularPosting Date: 01/10/2020
Keywords: Chapman University, Orange , Executive Assistant, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!