Company: Volunteers of America Los Angeles
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services
organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening
families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of
social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start
programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans services,
homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and
alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at
The Grant for the Benefit of Homeless Individuals (GBHI) is a
program funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Administration (SAMHSA). GBHI serves homeless veterans in Orange
County who suffer from substance abuse or have mental health
service needs. We connect them to resources within the community
and provide case management services with the priority of
addressing substance use and mental health barriers to full
functioning. This may include assisting them with getting into a
substance use program, counseling services, accessing mainstream
and veteran benefits, legal barriers, addressing housing needs, and
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Case Manager (Specialist) provides intensive case management
services to eligible clients, meeting participants at least weekly.
The Case Manager is the primary point of contact to coordinate
services and care for assigned clients. Each Case Manager handles a
caseload of individuals in need of a wide variety of human services
resources and provides the full range of services available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with
individuals (or families) to collect functional, environmental,
psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and
health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan.
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure
identified needs are met.
- Coordinates individualized planning with clients to meet short-
and long-term needs.
- Coordinates case conferences with residents; consults with
- Facilitates groups and completes appropriate documentation on
all aspects of resident case.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check,
including criminal history, personal references, employment and
- Bachelors Degree (Social Work or related)
- Minimum 1 years of experience as a case manager
- Case Management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of
operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods,
client focused ideology
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated understanding of special needs of target
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible
emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and
written English language.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state,
and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation,
including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Expertly apply principles of client-centered, strength-based
counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting
the completion of plans prepared for clients.
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on
the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with
clients, or in the workplace
- Counseling Certification
- 2 years of experience working with target population
- HMIS navigation
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the
federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this
employer is required to give you written instructions and an
opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or
Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve
the issue before the employer can take any action against you,
including terminating your employment.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Los Angeles, Orange , Case Manager, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!