Director of Product Development
Company: Confidential Client
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Our client is a portfolio company that
includes many innovative and respected brands in the tattoo supply
and pet grooming supply space. We are looking for a leader to
manage and push for exciting innovative products in both the tattoo
and pet space.
Reporting to the Chief Creative Officer,
this role is responsible for leading the organization in research
and development for new products, product enhancements and product
design. The Director must evaluate the potential and practicality
of products in development and relies on extensive experience and
possibly outside 3rd party design/engineering firms to plan and
Leaders have a vision for each of its
respected divisions and it is up to the Sr. Director of Product
Development to execute the vision to maintain its top position in
each of the divisions.
- Innovation, efficiency, prioritization, work closely with
Marketing, work across divisions, good contacts with outside design
firms and manufacturers, have a network of good engineers.
Originate new products in concert with customer needs and business
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used
for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring
projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and
research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in
order to inform management of current status of each project
- Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research
or other applicable studies or support
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development
proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications
that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment
and human resource requirements
- Manages team of industrial designers/engineers/marketing
professionals on set goals through 4-5 “stage gate” process
- Builds strong, cross-functional relationships with stakeholders
and internal business partners.
- Leads by example.
Expertise: Knowledge and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable
processes or improve existing processes in and out of product
- Project management skills; will have demonstrated the ability
to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and
persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek
the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an
environment where ideas are shared and challenged;
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work "fun" and
enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others
- Transparent and honest when communicating with associates and
- Adaptable and flexible; Able to communicate with different
personalities from each of the divisions.
- Driver for positive change where he/she sees fit.
- Possess a network of outside design/engineering firms to help
along with projects is a plus.
- Ability to travel within United States and abroad
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficient in MS Office / Office 365 / collaboration tools
- Experienced in collaboration techniques and ability to
Required Education and
- A minimum of ten years in product development; candidates with
experience in machining, injection molding, battery and RF
- Bachelors in any type of engineering degree required
Keywords: Confidential Client, Orange , Director of Product Development, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!