Group Fitness Instructor
Company: UFC GYM ORANGE
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Group Fitness Instructor leads a group of participants
through a series of strength movements (dumbbell / barbell ) and
HiiT exercises. The Group Fit Instructor is responsible for
conducting safe, effective exercise classes and assisting
participants in achieving exercise goals while creating a fun
workout environment for all participants.
**This job is part time, roughly 10 hours per week. Typically early
hours (5:30am-7:30am) and evening hours (6pm and 7pm)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manager provides a guide for which type of workouts to perform
for each class, which the Group Fitness Instructor will
- Lead the class by demonstrating the workout to the participants
and answer any questions.
- Incorporate use of cuing, tempo and safe transitional movements
from one exercise to another.
- Instruct group exercise format according to class schedule and
adhering to company standard.
- Greet and encourage new participants and orient them to
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications
and modification of moves when needed.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and proper usage of exercise
equipment used during the class.
- Motivate participants and provide instruction in maintaining
exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from the exercise
- Monitor participation and make necessary adjustments when
- Comfort performing and coaching lifts such as deadlifts,
squats, cleans is a plus.
- Arrive on time to prep, set-up and greet participants. Start
and end class on time, as scheduled.
- Greet members warmly and enthusiastically and build rapport
with participants. Answer questions and maintain a positive
- Communicate member concerns to the Manager when necessary.
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and
- Encourage long-term participation and member retention.
- Store all equipment neatly and appropriately. Report any
equipment or safety issues to the Manager.
- Operate the stereo sound system, microphone and room
- Promote special events and other classes/services offered at
- Suggest special events to the Manager to encourage more
participation from members.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles
- General understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the
incorporation of music, tempo, cuing technique and rhythm
- Possess a high degree of energy and endurance to complete each
- Ability to communicate and connect with diverse group of
individuals of all age groups and fitness levels
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to
- Ability to provide clear instruction when needed
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a
franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee,
and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this
franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee
should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC
Keywords: UFC GYM ORANGE, Orange , Group Fitness Instructor, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!