Camp Counselor in Training -CIT
Company: Boy Scouts of America - Orange County Council
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The IROEC CIT program is a volunteer position and designed for
those seeking a summer of fun, hard work, leadership development
and extraordinary memories. CIT's are asked to give three weeks of
service to be fully immersed in the program. Staff week is
mandatory - June 7th through the 18th. The other two weeks of
service (or more!) can be flexible with your summer schedule. We
just ask that you commit to dates by June 1, 2021.
- Resume, references, and background check are required.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Dates of summer camp are June 7th to August 6, 2021
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with
campers through communication, relationship development, respect
for diversity, involvement, and empowerment of youth.
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines.
- Be aware of and implement sanitation guidelines.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program
activities for campers within the mission and outcomes.
- Responsible for assisting with activities.
- Actively participate in all program sessions as assigned.
- Works with supervisors to resolve participant behavior
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general
camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and
- Works as part of a team with other IROEC staff members and CIT
using interpersonal communication techniques to ensure the success
of the program and positive work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an CIT to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the CIT is frequently
required to stand for extended periods.
- This job requires the use of hands to handle, control or feel
objects or tools.
- The CIT must frequently lift and/or move moderate to heavy
objects, which requires frequent and proper bending.
- The CIT must frequently be on their feet walking and hiking for
distances up to 4 miles at a time.
- CIT must be able to lift or move items weighing up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the CIT to work outdoors, exposed to all
weather conditions as well as dust, pollen, plant life, insects,
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an CIT encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requires occasional work where the sounds and noise levels that are
distracting or uncomfortable.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals.
- Requires occasional dealing with unpleasant, angry, or
- Requires making decisions which affect co-workers and other
CIT's, guests and the image of the company, soliciting help from
managers as needed to improve decision-making skills.
- Requires work with others on a group or team.
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results.
- Includes responsibility for the health and safety of self and
The mission of The Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center is to
serve all youth of Orange County by providing quality outdoor
educational programs that instill in them an appreciation of the
outdoors and the environment, teach effective teamwork, instruct
about the cultural history of Orange County and provide access to
the natural resources of the surrounding areas. This 210-acre
outdoor education center owned and operated by the Orange County
Council, Boy Scouts of America, and is an ACA accredited facility.
The Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center (IROEC) features 7 days a
Keywords: Boy Scouts of America - Orange County Council, Orange , Camp Counselor in Training -CIT, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!