EDI Senior Developer
Company: Western Dental
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Western Dental Services, Inc., California's largest dental
services provider and one of the nation's largest dental HMO's, is
looking for a bright, motivated, senior level software developer.
This position will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in
Orange, CA. This role will primarily lead the software development
and application integration for core business systems at the
company. Responsibilities include defining solutions, developing
and maintaining business applications and EDI interfaces, leading
application integration efforts, producing software development
lifecycle artifacts, performing proof-of-concepts, communicating
deliverables to the leadership and technology teams.
Working in collaboration with other IT service and business
teams, this role will be accountable for software development
lifecycle for strategic corporate, billing and collection systems
to support company's strategic goals.
- Should have sound fundamentals of EDI with proficiency in IBM
- Ability to develop and build EDI maps inbound and outbound
based on the document structure and specifications
- Responsible for analyzing and designing specifications used for
enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and
- Create and maintain customized mapping specs and provide
technical support for all inbound / Outbound B2B transactions /
- Develops scalable, reusable, high performing and highly
available software solutions
- Identify and promote standardized, reusable technology
functionality in alignment with business and technology strategy,
reduce cost of ownership and improve information flow.
- Provide leadership to produce and maintain software artifacts
and high-level conceptual designs in collaboration with
development, infrastructure, other IT and business teams.
- Understand the impact of changes to existing processes,
functions and systems and document these relations with processes
and information flow diagrams.
- Provide presentations that clearly articulate technology
solutions to leadership and technology staff in simple to
- Establish relationships with 3rd party partners and vendors.
Define secure and reliable integration solutions with 3rd party
vendors or partners as required.
- Support daily EDI production operations and respond to critical
production incidents and provides leadership during
- Solid hands-on development experience developing software in
- Proficiency in IBM Sterling B2B Integrator
- Strong experience in Business Process (BPML) and creating
- Sound knowledge of EDI standards like ANSI X12, EDIFACT, XML,
Rosetta Net etc
- Good understanding of JSON, XML, XSLT, XSD and XML parsing
- Solid understanding of application integration methodologies
like SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL
- In depth knowledge of file sharing protocols like AS2, AS3,
FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS etc
- Solid SQL Experience preferably with DB2 and Microsoft SQL
- Experience in agile development practices & methodologies
- Good understanding of micro-services architecture, cloud native
technologies including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered
infrastructure, serverless computing and CI/CD
- A good understanding of data protection standards and
associated security processes.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and
- At least 10 years of experience in IT or Software Engineering
with a minimum of 3 years of health-care industry experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working
on billing systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
a related discipline.
- not sponsoring H1-B at this time
Keywords: Western Dental, Orange , EDI Senior Developer, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!