Mechanical Systems Engineer
Company: Dematic Corp.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and
supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing,
warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are
powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers,
manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than
25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has
helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for
some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta,
Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in
industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading
provider of warehouse automation.
Why Join Us?
Have you ever ordered something online to get your package next
day? Think about the advanced automated technologies that go into
it. Do you want to become a part of this world class organization
and work with highly complex mechanical solutions? Dematic is
currently hiring a Mechanical Systems Engineer in our Solution
Development group. This role will design and develop complex
systems for our customers. If you have a passion for high
engineering and want to see your solutions come alive, then join us
Dematic has an immediate need for a Mechanical Systems Engineer
in our Solution Development group. The preferred candidate will
have 2+ years related experience, including planning,
specification, and implementation of engineering design projects.
This role would report into a Solution Development Engineering
Manager. You would be responsible for designing various projects in
size and scope. You have the ability to provide superior customer
service to a variety of industry verticals: food & beverage,
apparel, e-commerce and more.
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Completes the design and estimating of mainly small, medium and
large MHE systems, often simultaneously.
- Has an understanding of project specifications and checks all
work being performed under his/her direction for adherence to these
- Produces material list of equipment, design of all special
devices and Mechanical Engineering pricing.
- Solicits, quotes, and reviews costs of equipment and
- Works with Purchasing to manage the interface relationships
with vendors and assists in evaluating the performance of vendors
- Provides a check for technical, cost and contracting aspects of
quotes and serves as the major contact for intra-company
departments and vendors. Schedules technical reviews and price
- Responsible for the quality of estimating on assigned projects.
Maintains a complete set of project engineering records on all
- Provides general guidance to a project support staff.
- Consults with management and participates in improving
procedures, quality, designs, applications, and equipment.
- Keeps management apprised of quote status.
- Keeps abreast of the latest company and industry-wide concepts,
product design and developments, and current costing.
- Occasional travel is required in this position. Usually trips
are planned and are of short duration. However, requests for travel
on short notice may be made and extended travel is sometimes
required in support of systems commissioning and acceptance.
- May be exposed to next level or cross functional duties and
What We Are Looking For
- Maintains frequent communication with customer to ensure
resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer
- Identifies, analyzes and understands problems in his/her daily
work and provides the best solution
- Delivers sustainable results, stays focused even in challenging
situations and overcomes obstacles
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to project
scope and location
- A commitment to engineering excellence
- Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and
- Efficient time management and organization skills
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of
specialization to the successful completion of moderately complex
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts,
practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and
issues, and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with AutoCAD and 3D Design preferred
- Good understanding of the application of material handling
- Familiar with other third party equipment in the material
handling industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical
Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience working with the application of material
- Willingness to travel 10 - 20%
Keywords: Dematic Corp., Orange , Mechanical Systems Engineer, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!