Supervisor, Member Outreach and Enrollment
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Enrollment (PACE)
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: K - $70,000 - $98,000
The Supervisor of Member Outreach and Enrollment (Education)
will be responsible for daily operation of PACE (Program of
All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) enrollment activities and
supervision of program enrollment coordinators. The Supervisor will
work under the direction of the Manager to support department goals
and program implementation. The Supervisor will provide guidance to
staff, monitor staff goals and productivity, ensure compliance with
PACE marketing and enrollment requirements and processes,
organizational policies, and contractual requirements. The
Supervisor will serve as a resource for CalOptima providers, health
networks and community partners requesting enrollment services.
- Assists in the hiring, training and managing the performance of
program enrollment staff.
- Administers and coordinates outreach and enrollment activities,
including coordination with PACE staff, and other CalOptima
departments who may come into contact with PACE-eligible
participants, such as One Care Connect and Multipurpose Senior
Services Program staff.
- Oversees the process, manage, and track program
- Ensures positive experience for potential enrollees and their
families who interact with the Marketing and Enrollment staff.
- Analyzes and evaluates outreach and enrollment activities to
maximize enrollment, including the development and maintenance of
reports, enrollment workflows, desktop procedures and
- Evaluates process improvement strategies to enhance the
effectiveness of the enrollment process.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable CMS and DHCS policies,
rules, and regulations.
- Provides guidance to staff on or directly manage a program
enrollment caseload, as needed.
- Participates and manages enrollment coordinator's participation
in community networking meetings, and events such as health
- Provides staff guidance and support on the implementation of
special projects and pilots.
- Acts as a resource for CalOptima providers, health networks and
- Represents the department in internal and external
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Responsibly and ethically train, lead, and supervise program
- Work independently and as part of a team to effectively
manage/lead multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
with staff at all levels, providers, other program or agency
representatives, and the general public.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
with personnel at all organizational levels both internally and
externally and with diverse social, cultural, and ethnic
- Plan, organize, and assist with program enrollment events and
activities, including outreach educational events.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and reports, including using
information gathered to improve processes to achieve program
- Think critically to solve problems effectively.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Successfully pass the State administered marketing exam within
first 90 days of being hired.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft
Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific
applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts,
spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position
Experience & Education:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and member enrollment
- Must take and pass applicable State PACE marketing exam.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle, or other approved means of
transportation, an acceptable driving record, and current auto
insurance will be required for work away from the primary office
50% of the time or more.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or other related
- 2+ years of supervisory/lead experience in a Managed Care
- Bilingual in English and in one of CalOptima's defined
threshold language (Spanish, Vietnamese, Farsi, Arabic, Korean, and
Chinese) is preferred.
- PACE experience strongly preferred; hospice sales/marketing
experience will be considered.
- Techniques and methods to organize and manage a staff.
- Principles and techniques of effective supervision, including
training and evaluation of subordinates.
- Principles and practices of health care service delivery,
managed care, health care systems, and medical administration.
- Appropriate marketing techniques to outreach to diverse social
and ethnic groups and to communicate effectively with them.
- Systems and procedures to efficiently track and trend program
- Senior care market, including competitors, regulations, and
- Appropriate techniques, practices, and cultural sensitivities
to serve social and ethnic groups.
EEO Statement: CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity
employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit.
CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position.
CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee,
or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status,
military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam
era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or
local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based
on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or
is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any
of those characteristics.
ADA/Accommodation Statement: If you are a qualified individual
with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a
result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations with 72-hour notice by contacting Human Resources
Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Keywords: CalOptima, Orange , Supervisor, Member Outreach and Enrollment, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!