Personal Care Coordinator - HRA Outreach (Bilingual Required: Spanish, Farsi or Vietnamese Preferred) (2 Openings)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Department(s): Case Management
Reports to: Supervisor, Case Management
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: C - $41,000 - $53,000
This position will support the members in completing their
health risk assessment (HRA). The Personal Care Coordinator (PCC)
will ensure communication of the member's HRA and care plan with
the member, Primary Care Provider (PCP), and health care team. The
position will identify barriers to member's care and assist in
improving these barriers for all levels of care. The incumbent will
work closely with the PCP and health care team to ensure member
access to timely services and coordination of care.
- Performs outreach to members to coordinate completion of the
initial and annual health risk assessment (HRA), conducts
telephonic HRASs as necessary and ensures data entry of HRAs
received via email.
- Collaborates with PCP and health care team to ensure timely
communication of member's clinical information.
- Partners with licensed professionals in the development of an
initial care plan for each member, incorporating the HRA and all
- Facilitates communication of initial care plan to the PCP and
member, as necessary.
- Maintains documentation of member's case, care plan,
interventions, and interdisciplinary care team within CalOptima's
medical management system.
- Identifes the need for, and facilitates, referrals to Long Term
Support Services (LTSS), Behavioral Health and community
- Oversees warm transfers to member's assigned case manager in
accordance with member needs, when appropriate.
- Guides members in understanding and accessing the benefits they
are entitled to under Medi-Cal.
- Notifies member's care team of key event triggers.
- Maintains compliance with established departmental productivity
- Ensures reporting of productivity metrics to supervisor as
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Interview members to determine strengths, problems, functional
status, goals and need for specific services/resources.
- Contribute to the development of a plan based on assessment of
the member's physical, psychosocial, functional, strengths/barriers
and mental health needs.
- Develop rapport and establish and maintain effective
interpersonal relationships with internal and external contacts at
- Work with Case Management staff to expedite the resolution of
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
with individuals from a diverse population.
- Speak, understand, read and/or write a second language in
addition to English as it may be required for some
- Utilize and access computer and appropriate software (e.g.,
Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and job-specific
applications/systems to produce correspondence, data entry, and/or
other information applicable to the position.
Experience & Education:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years experience working with the needs of Seniors or
persons with disabilities (SPD) in a customer/member service
- Bilingual in English and one of CalOptima's defined threshold
languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Farsi, Korean, or Chinese)
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management or related field
- 1+ year HMO, Medi-Cal and/or Health Services experience
- Principles and practices of health care service delivery and
managed care, Medi-Cal, CalOptima eligibility and benefits.
- Long term services and supports.
- Issues that face members with special needs, such as seniors
and persons with disabilities.
- Principles and techniques to serve the SPD population in
diverse social and ethnic groups.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes
all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to
have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits
unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for
employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex
stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status,
military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam
era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or
local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based
on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or
is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any
of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you
are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or
apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You
can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources
Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Keywords: CalOptima, Orange , Personal Care Coordinator - HRA Outreach (Bilingual Required: Spanish, Farsi or Vietnamese Preferred) (2 Openings), Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!