Company: Western Dental
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Western Dental Services, Inc., California's largest dental
services provider and one of the nation's largest dental HMO's, is
looking for a bright, motivated, senior level software developer.
This position will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in
Orange, CA. This role will primarily lead the software development,
support and application integration for corporate business systems
at the company. Responsibilities include defining solutions,
developing and maintaining business applications and integrations,
managing software development lifecycle artifacts, communicating
deliverables to the leadership and technology teams.
Working in collaboration with other IT service and business
teams, this role will be accountable for software development
lifecycle for strategic corporate, billing and collection systems
to support company's strategic goals.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of
application software development and maintenance projects utilizing
skills in C++.
- Collaborating with the software development and other
technology team on application design and development.
- Developing software and responsible for deployment and release
of applications across platforms.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and
- Collaborate with various IT teams to develop scalable,
reusable, high performing and highly available software solutions
in alignment with business and technology strategy.
- Keeping up to date with C++ standards and advancements in
- Work as part of an Agile development team to implement all
phases of enterprise-level software applications.
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development
records. Creating and maintaining design documents in collaboration
with development and infrastructure teams.
- Understand the impact of changes to existing processes,
functions and systems and document these relations with processes
and information flow diagrams.
- Provide presentations that clearly articulate technology
solutions to leadership and technology staff in simple to
- Support production operations and respond to critical
production incidents and provides leadership during
troubleshooting. Requirements Requirements
- Solid hands-on experience developing software in C++ for a
minimum of 3 years
- Current knowledge of C++ standards and specifications.
- Extensive working experience on scripting languages like Perl,
- Solid SQL experience preferably with DB2 and Microsoft SQL
- Good understanding of JSON, XML, XSLT, XSD and XML parsing
processes and application integration methodologies like SOA, ESB,
- Experience in agile development practices & methodologies
- Good understanding of cloud native technologies including SaaS,
PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, serverless
computing and CI/CD
- Proficient understanding of code version control tools
- Attention to detail for problem solving and code
- Highly detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of
working on billing systems
- Knowledge of EDI and experience on tools like IBM Sterling B2B
Integrator is a plus
- Understanding of reporting tools like Crystal Reports is a
- At least 6 years of experience in IT or Software Engineering
preferably with 2 years of health-care industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
a related discipline.
Keywords: Western Dental, Orange , Software Developer, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!