Personal Care Attendant
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reports to: Supervisor Day Center (PACE)
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: A - $36,000 - $46,000
Under the direction and supervision of the Day Center
Supervisor, the Personal Care Attendant (PCA) provides personal
care services to CalOptima PACE participants in the day health
center, as well as other activities and tasks as assigned to assist
the primary care, therapy, and adult day health staff.
- Provides personal care and escort assistance in accordance with
individual treatment plans including; peri-care, grooming,
dressing, showering, bathing, toileting, feeding, and
- Reports visible changes in participants' conditions to Day
Center Supervisor and/or PCA Lead.
- Communicates participant health and safety concerns under the
guidance and supervision of the Day Center Supervisor and/or PCA
- Demonstrates safe practices utilizing proper body mechanics and
complying with universal precautions.
- Participates in social and recreation activities with
participants as appropriate.
- Implements interventions, as appropriate to training, as
directed by rehabilitation and nursing staff, including use of
mechanical assistance for participant transfers, mobility and
- Assists with food service delivery and monitoring during meal
- Documents services rendered daily.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Communicate clearly and concisely with various individuals
including; participants, families, staff, and other agencies.
- Work effectively in a team environment and independently with
- Care for geriatric patients in a compassionate and patient
- Act within the scope of authority to practice.
- Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific
position description established by CalOptima PACE and approved
regulatory agencies before working independently.
- Conduct daily physical activities, ergonomically, in assisting
frail elders to avoid injury.
- Receive and carry out directions from the Interdisciplinary
Team regarding personal care services and/or monitoring of
- Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all
immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant
- To complete and pass the CalOptima PACE approved curriculum for
Personal Care Aides upon hire.
Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of HHA or Medical Assistant program; or CNA, LVN
- 6 months of clinical experience as a Personal Care Aide,
Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Vocational Nurse or Medical
- 1 year experience with the frail or elderly population
- Bilingual in English and in one of CalOptima's defined
threshold language is preferred.
- Geriatric population with physical disabilities and
- Proper body mechanics during provision of assistance with
Activities of Daily Living.
- Safe and sanitary personal care techniques for elderly
population with physical limitations.
EEO Statement: CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity
employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit.
CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position.
CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee,
or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status,
military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam
era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or
local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based
on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or
is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any
of those characteristics.
ADA/Accommodation Statement: If you are a qualified individual
with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a
result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations with 72-hour notice by contacting Human Resources
Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Keywords: CalOptima, Orange , Personal Care Attendant, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!