The Quality Specialist is directly responsible for the quality
control of specific product lines assigned to him or her, primarily
Non-Slab product lines. The Quality Specialist will oversee and
coordinate the entire receiving process of inbound materials via
inbound containers and internal transfers as well as returned
merchandise authorizations (RMA). The Quality Specialist is also
responsible for stocking, maintenance, and replenishment of
warehouse bulk and hybrid locations.
- Checking inbound container report on a daily and weekly
- Preparing and plans space for incoming materials.
- Unloading containers and stages all crates/pallets at the
designated area for proper inspection.
- Verifying and assures Container Check is thoroughly completed by
confirming all quality control checklist task descriptions at the
time of completion of container unload.
- Taking pictures of incoming materials and uploads to Lot Picture
- Identifying quality and quantity discrepancies with received
products and works with product and internal audit teams to fix
- Stocking and replenishes materials to bulk and hybrid locations
and updates Warehouse Address Manager (WAM) after moves
- Assisting and supports team members with product issues.
- Assisting with Inventory Checks when needed and conducts physical
cycle counts before Inventory Discrepancies are submitted to the
Internal Audit team.
- Verifying the accuracy and quality of returned materials and
returns product to stock (RTS).
- Overseeing all inbound internal transfer transactions, verifying
that quality and quantity of received materials match marked
shipped in the system.
- Conducting daily walk and inspection of bulk and hybrid locations
to ensure the warehouse is kept clean and materials are put in
- Working closely with Operations Supervisor to address employees
not following expected procedures for WAM locations.
- Performing housekeeping duties as needed.
- Performing additional duties as required and or requested.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $17.00 per hour, plus
weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may be higher
based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges
between $50,385 and $66,170 + depending on experience and overtime
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
LAX-01 WS-01 WS-LC
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
Shift start: None
- Must have previous quality control experience. - Ability to
follow verbal and written instructions effectively. - Computer
literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office. - Must be flexible to
work on Saturdays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: - Two (2) plus years of warehouse
experience. - One (1) plus years of Quality Control experience. -
This role has the following physical demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The
employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
About MSI Surfaces
Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of
flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI maintains more than 20
distribution centers across the United States and Canada.