Company: MSI Surfaces
Posted on: July 21, 2021
The Lead is directly responsible for supervising warehouse
members, conducting floor operations and complying with safety
regulations in the warehouse.
- Assisting the routing department with coverage and the
transportation supervisor as it relates to operations.
- Serving as the example to other drivers as it relates to work
performance and representing MSI’s core values.
- Conducting customer visits to review delivery/service issues.
- Performing routes in emergency situations.
- Reviewing previous day’s routes to identify opportunities of
improvement and/or training of drivers.
- Conducting ride-alongs and route observations as well as train
new drivers to result in outstanding performance.
- Developing and maintain driver/boom crane training manuals.
- Assisting with safety meetings, AM huddles and stretch/flex
- Keeping drivers informed of current challenges, changes, and new
developments within the department and the company by conducting
- Assisting drivers with pre-routes duties.
- Maintaining DOT Log files and vehicle condition reports for all
drivers and equipment. Ensure all DOT logs and DVIRs are accurate,
complete and compliant.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $18.00 per hour, plus
weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may be higher
based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges
between $49,280 and $53,600 + depending on experience and overtime
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
LAX-01 WS-01 WS-LC
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
Shift start: 5:00AM
Shift length: 10 hours
- High School Education preferred and 2 plus years’ of verifiable
driving experience - 2 years of verifiable driving experience with
heavy duty vehicles. - Must be able to pass a skilled test (driving
test) and all DOT pre-employment requirements. - Must possess a
Valid Class A CDL. - Boom crane experience. - Bilingual a plus, but
not necessary. - Ability to work alone and concentrate - Good
spoken and written communication skills - Knowledge of using
iPad/iPhone - Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 21+ years old
About MSI Surfaces
Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of
flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI maintains more than 20
distribution centers across the United States and Canada.
Keywords: MSI Surfaces, Orange , Transportation Lead, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!