The Maintenance associate is responsible for all building
maintenance related duties. This includes light troubleshooting and
major repair work as needed. In addition, the Maintenance associate
will be responsible for maintaining the electrical, plumbing and
cleanup of the different departments within the building.
- Responsible for minor and major building maintenance
- Performing plumbing repairs.
- Performing carpentry and plastering.
- Painting, remodeling, and repairing the flooring.
- Completing installations and demolitions through the
- Responsible for general clean up.
- Conducting the equipment checklist and preventative maintenance
- Performing additional duties as required and or requested.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $16.00 per hour, plus
weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may be higher
based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges
between $40,280 and $55,990 + depending on experience and overtime
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
Shift start: 5:00AM or 5:30AM or 6:00AM
- 3-5 years of Maintenance experience. - Effective communication
skills. - Troubleshooting abilities. - Must have previous
maintenance experience. - Must be able to work in a team
environment and/or with little supervision. - Electrical and
plumbing experience as well as a technical certificate is a plus. -
Forklift and warehouse experience preferred. - Knowledge of using
computer or tablet a plus. - Bilingual in Spanish (Preferred). -
Ability to travel as required. - This role has the following
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The
employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
About MSI Surfaces
Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of
flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI maintains more than 20
distribution centers across the United States and Canada.