The Slab Handler is responsible for pulling slab orders
accurately and safely. This task will be performed using the
- Pulling slabs from the warehouse from the slab orders
- Moving slabs to loading areas by using overhead cranes
- Loading slabs on customer’s vehicle/truck
- Ensuring that product is well secured on vehicle/truck and takes
all necessary safety measures
- Unloading slabs from containers using forklifts
- Arranging slabs properly by forklift/crane in Slab Warehouse
- Responsible for maintaining the slab warehouse clean and safe for
staff and customers
- Performing additional duties as required and or requested.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $18.00 per hour, plus a
minimum shift premium of $1.80 per hour in addition to your base
wage, plus weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may
be higher based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally
ranges between $51,094 and $76,460 + depending on experience and
overtime hours worked.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
Shift start: 4:00AM or 6:00PM
Shift length: 10.5 hours; 2 hours
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in a warehouse environment. - 1-2
years of experience - Forklift, crane and warehouse experience
preferred - Ability to use Smart Phones/Tablets - Good communicate
skills - Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
This role has the following physical demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift,
pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision.
About MSI Surfaces
Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of
flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI maintains more than 20
distribution centers across the United States and Canada.