The shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for performing a
variety of shipping and receiving tasks under general supervision.
The shipping and receiving clerk will verify the order to match the
received materials and prepare the items for proper shipment.
- Reading shipping orders to determine quantity and type of
- Ensuring the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and
maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
- Collecting all documentation for outboard freight and route to
the proper record keeping unit.
- Picking orders for shipment and assemble various types of
merchandise to be shipped.
- Scheduling inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse
- Contacting carrier representative to make arrangements and issue
instructions for loading products.
- Operating equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet
jacks and more safely and efficiently.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
- Keeping an equipment checklist and perform preventative
maintenance of equipment.
- Performing additional duties as required and or requested.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $17.00 per hour, plus a
minimum shift premium of $1.70 per hour in addition to your base
wage, plus weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may
be higher based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally
ranges between $47,835 and $61,895 + depending on experience and
overtime hours worked.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
Shift start: 8:00AM or 5:30PM
Shift length: 9 hours
- 1-2 years of Warehouse experience - One (1) year of experience
operating a Forklift. - Ability to use a computer or tablet a plus
- Good communication skills - Good organizational skills - Ability
to follow instructions and work under pressure
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
This role has the following physical demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision.
About M S International, Inc.
Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of
flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI maintains more than 20
distribution centers across the United States and Canada.