Workers Compensation Coordinator
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Workers Compensation Coordinator Human Resources Location:
Orange, CA Headquarters Summary: Coordinate claims and maintain
first line responsibility for the administration of each WC case.
Assist in day-to-day coordination of workers' compensation claims
including claim reporting and processing new claims entered in the
FROL software, research, and liaison with claimants, Human
Resources, Safety and Operations, Insurance carrier claims
representatives and other third parties. Compensation: This is a
non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $19+, plus Over Time
(paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally
ranges between $49,100 and $60,000 or more, depending on
experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.To perform this job
successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following
essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in Workers Compensation and benefits programs for the
- Review records, investigate claims and assist in the evaluation
of current offerings.
- Acts as liaison between corporate and field offices to
facilitate the gathering of information that will allow proper
response to claim losses and legal documents.
- Coordinate with Insurance carrier claims representative, and
injured worker for appointments, treatment, work restrictions, and
- Work with Insurance carrier claims representative, and
different teams within the company for return to work or modified
duty work programs for injured employees.
- Work with Medical Providers on work statuses, restrictions and
- Prepares monthly and Risk Management status reports as well as
ad hoc loss runs and other claim data analyses from the carrier's
claims system, company information and other sources.
- Identifies exposures to the company and reports to management
on pending claims and litigation that may have an adverse impact on
the corporate goals.
- Assist internal teams and third-party service providers in
various Risk Management and Safety activities.
- Create, manage, maintain and submit Annual OSHA Summary and
- Tracks and processes claims invoices and other
- Assists with policy management and the collection/compilation
of renewal data.
- Responds to other risk and insurance service requests from
business units and any third party.
- Supports Risk Management in department-related research and
projects as requested.
- Perform additional duties as required and or
requested.Additionally the candidate must meet the following
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and/or college coursework preferred. High
School Education required.
- Minimum 1-3 years-experience in a large, multi-location
corporation; experience in a Workers Compensation department
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of WC claims terminology, rules, regulations, and
procedures of workers compensation and general liability
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform
multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and
- Proficiency in commonly used claims information data base
systems a plus.
- Bi-lingual. English and Spanish. This role has the following
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests. About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading
supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping
products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI
also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution
centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an
extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural
stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six
continents. Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many
prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and
Young MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates
diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We
provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their
best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or
applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race,
ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion,
disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI
provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and
applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please
speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team. - - - -
Keywords: MSI, Orange , Workers Compensation Coordinator, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!