Company: Jackson Lewis P.C.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis
P.C.'s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide
consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law
intersects business. We help employers develop proactive
strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to
cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and
diverse, and share our clients' goals to emphasize inclusivity and
respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of
Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law
and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News - Best
Lawyers - "Best Law Firms".
This position is located in our Irvine, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position is primarily a traditional labor position
representing employers but will also include advice and counsel
work with employers regarding federal and California workplace laws
and other assignments, as needed. From time to time, the position
may also involve due diligence of employer operations for workplace
law issues in conjunction with acquisitions/mergers.
- All facets of Traditional Labor Relations, including:
- Handling unfair labor practice charges at the National Labor
Relations Board ("NLRB")
- Researching and writing;
- Representing management in NLRB elections;
- Providing legal advice to employers regarding union organizing,
corporate campaigns, card check and neutrality agreements;
- Negotiating and/or providing legal advice regarding collective
- Handling grievance, arbitration and unfair labor practice
- Obtaining mass picketing injunctions;
- Advising employers on federal and California wage and hour
issues, leave management, disability accommodating issues and other
- Reviewing handbooks, policies and forms for compliance with
federal and state law;
- Reviewing compensation, commission and bonus plans;
- Conducting management training regarding labor relations,
federal and California workplace issues and, harassment,
discrimination and retaliation; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as reasonably assigned.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- JD from accredited law school
- Minimum two years' experience in litigation or advice work as
- Traditional labor experience preferred
- Federal and/or California advice and counsel work
- CA Bar Admission
- Understanding of current agency (state and federal) enforcement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is preferred but not
- May include regular business travel
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a
stronger, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a
workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work,
and we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse
employees want to work and where they can flourish professionally.
In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Jackson Lewis P.C., Orange , Labor Associate, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!