Senior Relationship Banker, South OC Region, CA - Orange
Posted on: February 3, 2019
Senior Relationship Banker Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group. Major Responsibilities: Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will develop new and existing business and consumer banking relationships by proactively soliciting new business from prospective clients and by contacting present clients to retain and expand banking relationships, to meet or exceed assigned monthly goals. Sales and Networking
- Develop new business by researching and analyzing community markets, analyzing and prioritizing clients to target, planning and executing business development strategies and calling on existing and potential clients, whether in person or over the phone.
- Proactively assess clients' financial information by completing a Needs Assessment to determine total current and future financial needs. Summarize and discuss the opportunities uncovered; recommend, present and sell appropriate products and services.
- Interview loan applicants to elicit information, determine appropriate loans, cross-sell opportunities, or communicate decisions or recommendations; obtain and/or send proper documentation and to resolve related customer issues.
- Makes face to face sales calls to the local community businesses. When appropriate, refer sales opportunity to Loan by Phone area. If assigned, responsible for the managing, retaining and growing the Priority/ Signature portfolio.
- Refer clients as necessary to the appropriate banker or department to cross-sell additional services or products.
- Proactively contact and consult with clients on a regular basis to update the Needs Assessment information and to educate clients on changes in the financial industry that would affect them and the products and services they currently use.
- Proactively solicit and obtain referrals from existing clients, internal departments and community contacts.
- Conduct monthly in-house products/services seminars for branch employees and coordinate seminars for bank clients. Perform the Merchandising and Marketing activities as required including functions such as: leadership support in promotional campaigns; product/service training sessions; lobby merchandising materials display. Risk Management
- Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality. Ensures customer information meets bank and regulatory documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining customer accounts by making necessary account and signature card changes, securing additional account information. Inputs all related data into computer and pulls daily reports for verification of information. Customer Service
- Assure proper handling of service requests and resolution of customer problems. Maintain established customer service level expectations in accordance with the Bank's and Manager's overall goals and objectives. Accountable for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned. This may include providing work guidance to lower level sales staff when assigned. Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to synthesize ambiguous information
- Generally requires 2+ years of direct working experience in all financial service products and services including Small Business Sales and Credit products, risk management procedures, etc.
- Strong computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other standard banking software
- Requires completion of all basic branch banking sales training classes This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: UnionBank, Orange , Senior Relationship Banker, South OC Region, CA - Orange, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!