Designer - Commercial Studio
Company: ARCHITECTS ORANGE
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Since its founding in 1974, Architect's Orange (AO) has evolved
from a 2 man single office to an award winning full service firm
spanning a campus of 5 buildings, an engaged staff of 265+ souls
and 9 Studios (Multifamily, Restaurant, Retail, Structured Parking,
Commercial, Mixed Use, Hospitality, Landscape and
Industrial/Office). Just like Historic Old Towne Orange where we
are located, AO is family focused, hardworking and built to last.
We value service, our people, a roll up your sleeves attitude and
continuous improvement. If you are young in your career, come grow
with us. If experienced, come get better with us. There is no one
like you, and there is no place like Architects Orange.
Recent Awards (since 2016): 3 Gold Nugget Grand, 11 Gold Nugget
Merit, 7 BALA awards and more.
We offer all the benefits of a big firm, with all the human
connection of a small one. You will never be a number at AO. Come
join our community.
Partial list of benefits:
- Full Suite of Medical, Dental, Life & Supplemental
- Ongoing Education and Exam Reimbursement
- Most Medical Plans fully paid for employee only coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan, Health Savings and Flexible Spending
- Overtime Compensation for Hourly Employees
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Rail Station one block from campus
Qualifications Core Expectations:
- Based upon direction given by Client, Senior Designer, or other
senior staff, develop to completion the design drawings,
tabulations, documents, and other services as required for the
assigned project(s). This typically includes the actual drawing of
schematic and detailed site plans, floor plans, building images,
building elevations, materials selections, color selections and
other aspects of the design and presentation process.
- Assist in the preparation of the drawings, sketches and related
documents to accurately represent the project to the client,
approving agency, contractor in sufficient detail to allow the
subsequent preparation of project construction documents and
specifications buy other AO technical staff.
- Design Team Interaction:
- Coordinate project design efforts with the other senior staff
and members of the design team.
- Assist senior staff in the scheduling of project and individual
- Present, discuss and receive design review comments from Senior
Designer and other senior staff on assigned projects / tasks.
- Must possess exceptional scheduling, prioritization and
- Specific knowledge of the following programs is required:
AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Professional
programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and others.
Some things we'd love to see:
- Familiarity with Revit
- Mixed Use or Commercial/Retail/Restaurant/Industrial/Landscape
experience a plus, but not essential
Keywords: ARCHITECTS ORANGE, Orange , Designer - Commercial Studio, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!