Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 11, 2019
OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.??Facility
Description:? Barranca Surgery Center is a Multi-Specialty Surgical
Center with 2 OR's and 2 GI Suites. We are a state-of-the-art
center and are looking for a biller to work out of our Orange
Location. A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast
paced environment are a must.Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesWe
are seeking a Full Time experienced ASC Biller who isa reliable,
detail-oriented, takes initiative, is a skilled problem solver,
self-directed and able to work independently, and who has a
positive and cooperative work ethic.?Key Responsibilities:?
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health
- Possess knowledge of typing, word processing, spreadsheet
preparation, and computer billing systems.
- CPT & ICD 10 knowledge.
- Daily transmittal to Coding Team of H&Ps, Operative
Reports, & any other correspondence required to accurately code
- Accurately bill CPT Codes, implants, and supplies per the UBO?s
- Ability to accurately calculate implant, supply, and
pharmaceutical implant mark-up and reimbursement.
- Submitting accurate primary & secondary insurance claims to
insurance providers following agency and payer guidelines.
- Performing accurate Time of Billing adjustments for procedures,
implants, and supplies based on the appropriate contract.
- Knowledge of multiple insurance contracts, Medicare, and W/C
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of charges posted (Daily
Summary Report, Open Transaction Report, & Daily Posting Report)
and uploading these documents to SharePoint.
- Manages unbilled cases by providing ample notes in PAS and
reporting to Business Office Manager on a weekly basis what is
required to bill.
- Verifies and resolves all rejections in electronic claim
clearinghouse, prepares and mails UB claims, and gathers
appropriate medical records to send with claims sent via mail.
- Participates in any other business office functions as needed
and at the direction of the Business Office Manager.Qualifications
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Possess knowledge of health insurance billing.
- Possess knowledge of typing, word processing, spreadsheet and
computer billing systems.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and as a self-starter with a high
level of initiative
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Good computer and typing skills
- Good communication skills, strong emphasis on excellent
- Strong ethical and moral character referencesPlease send
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Orange , Billing Clerk, Other , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!