Surgical Technician Non-Cert (FT) - LaVeta Surgical Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Location: US-CA-Orange# of Openings: 1Category:
Technician/Clinical UnlicensedSystem ID: 8532
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
La Veta Surgical is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center with 5 OR's
and 1 GI Suite. We also have a 2 nd site in Irvine, Ca where there
are 2 OR's and 1 GI Room. A positive attitude and the ability to
thrive in a fast paced environment are a must. We are a
state-of-the-art center and are looking for a Surgical Tech to join
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for the provision of
patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve
the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The
ST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the
facility position description, role and responsibilities and
according to the surgical technologist professional organization
and certification board.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific
instruments and equipment.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipment.
- Experience in Ophthalmology, ENT, GYN, General, Plastics,
Orthopaedics, Urology & Pain Management.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Operating Room
- Prior Experience as an ORT preferred.
- Current Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Orange , Surgical Technician Non-Cert (FT) - LaVeta Surgical Center, Professions , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!