Posted on: May 11, 2022
Transportation Lead Transportation Location: Orange, CA
Headquarters Summary: The Lead is directly responsible for
supervising warehouse members, conducting floor operations and
complying with safety regulations in the warehouse. Compensation:
This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $18.00+,
plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new
hires generally ranges between $49,280 and $53,600 or more,
depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.To
perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the routing department with coverage and the
transportation supervisor as it relates to operations.
- Serve as the example to other drivers as it relates to work
performance and representing MSI's core values.
- May be asked to conduct customer visits to review
- May need to perform routes in emergency situations.
- Review previous day's routes to identify opportunities of
improvement and/or training of drivers.
- Conduct ride-alongs and route observations as well as train new
drivers to result in outstanding performance.
- Develop and maintain driver/boom crane training manuals.
- Assist with safety meetings, AM huddles and stretch/flex
- Keep drivers informed of current challenges, changes, and new
developments within the department and the company by conducting
- Assist drivers with pre-routes duties.
- Maintain DOT Log files and vehicle condition reports for all
drivers and equipment. Ensure all DOT logs and DVIRs are accurate,
complete and compliant.Additionally the candidate must meet the
following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education preferred and 2 plus years' of verifiable
- 2 years of verifiable driving experience with heavy duty
- Must be able to pass a skilled test (driving test) and all DOT
- Must possess a Valid Class A CDL.
- Boom crane experience.
- Bilingual a plus, but not necessary.
- Ability to work alone and concentrate
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Knowledge of using iPad/iPhone
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook This role has the
following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests. About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading
supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping
products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI
also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution
centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an
extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural
stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six
continents. Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many
prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and
Young MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates
diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We
provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their
best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or
applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race,
ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion,
disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI
provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and
applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please
speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team. - - - -
Keywords: MSI, Orange , Transportation Lead, Professions , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!