Posted on: June 23, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by Brian Raffle
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $110,000 - $140,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Headquartered in Orange, CA, our client is one of California's most
reputable and trusted self-performing contractors specializing in
structural steel, miscellaneous steel, and architectural metals.
Our quality craftsmanship can be found in the steel structures
supporting a diverse range of projects and in the architectural
details enhancing commercial, healthcare, and educational
facilities across Southern California.
Why join us?
The purpose of this position is to estimate work for projects by
gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related
documents. To exercise good judgement and complete high volume of
quality bids to arrive at full cost estimate with appropriate
profit margins to achieve client's goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to
- Analyze and interpret construction documents including
architectural, structural, landscape and civil drawings.
- Examine scope items from project specification manuals to
extract the materials required
- Collaborate and take instruction from Chief Estimator and
- Understanding the bidding process including preparation of
thorough estimates of material, equipment, shop, field, and
detailing labor costs
- Estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items &
equipment cost to prepare a thorough bid estimate.
- Complete bids on strict deadlines with final summaries
- Reviewing of construction contracts and identify key insurance
and damage clauses
- Develop business with new and existing customers and vendors
regarding details in the scope
- Organized and compile Take-off sheets within the specified bid
dates and deadlines, as required by our customers, and
- Provide innovative solutions to complex issues as the arise
related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified
products or materials
- Safe working habits
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Preferred Education, Experience And Other Requirements
- Associate degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction
- 5 years of experience estimating structural steel construction
- 3+ years of experience in reading construction documents in the
- The ability to interpret drawings, extract information and to
present in an organized, high quality format in a timely
- Estimating experience with both fabrication and erection
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Microsoft
- Experience with TEKLA, Bluebeam and/or Procore software a plus,
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Orange , Steel Estimator, Professions , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!