Senior ITS Quality Assurance Analyst - Equiliem
Posted on: September 10, 2023
Equiliem specializes in staffing clinical, non-clinical, and
allied personnel. We excel in all levels, disciplines, and
specialties within the healthcare spectrum. Our projects range from
short to long term local and travel assignments. Equiliem has been
recognized as a certified small business enterprise. In addition,
we are proud that we have earned the prestigious Joint Commission
accreditation for staffing firms and have been awarded Best in
Staffing 5 years running by our employees and client partners.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst, Sr. will be responsible for
testing web based, mobile and desktop applications in a hybrid
cloud environment. Additionally, the incumbent will assess and test
web services and other APIs/data interfaces to ensure they perform
according to specification, evaluate and test new or modified
software programs and verify programs function according to user
requirements and conform to Information Technology Services (ITS)
establishment guidelines/standards. The incumbent reviews new or
modified user stories and program documentation to determine if
program performs according to specifications and conforms to
architectural guidelines. The QA Analyst Sr. works side by side
with developers on agile/scrum teams. Additionally, the incumbent
writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and
correction. The incumbent will assist in evaluating proposed
software or software enhancements for feasibility. The incumbent
will participate in the development of utility programs to test,
track, and verify defects in software program as needed.
- Participates in a mission-driven culture of high-quality
performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency,
dignity and accountability.
- Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities
and collaborates with others to support short- and long-term
goals/priorities for the department.
- Collaborates with Agile Application Development teams to
perform application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load
and acceptance testing.
- Analyzes documentation and technical specifications of any new
application under deployment or consideration to determine its
intended functionality. Reviews documentation to ensure that
requirements stated are correct, unambiguous and verifiable.
- Writes and validates positive test scenarios as well as
alternative/negative test scenarios.
- Tests any new software to ensure integration into company
systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and
- Reports the defects found during testing to development team.
Ensures that reported bugs are fixed before the end of sprint, when
- Creates and executes test plans and scripts that will ensure
application functionality meets user requirements specified in user
- Analyzes formal test results in order to Client and report any
defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues and interoperability
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant
information to project stakeholders and management.
- Develops and establishes quality assurance measures and testing
standards for new applications, products and/or enhancements to
existing applications throughout their development/product
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations or alternatives
that address existing and potential trouble areas in ITS systems
and projects across the organization.
- Conducts internal audits to measure and assure adherence to
established QA standards for software development, application
integration, and information system performance, and corresponding
- Makes recommendations for improvement of applications to
programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Collaborates with Sr. Automation Engineer to build on
automation suites and to execute automated regression suites as
needed including running them through Jenkins).
- Assists with production support problem identification and
- Assists with testing of periodic (monthly) maintenance
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to coordinate or
facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Performs and recommends security audits/enhancements on
- Performs QA functions for/in using .NET, SQL, HTML, XML, SOAP,
Java Script, AJAX programming environments.
- Installs and integrates new QA software programs into existing
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned. Possesses the
- Research, analyze, and determine appropriate course of action
for complex practices, procedures and problems.
- Understand Business requirement and process analysis. Perform
the full range of QA support in assigned systems area(s).
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving
- Understand and interpret the user's needs and ideas into
specific data information technology solutions.
- Multitask with on-going conflicting demands.
- Prepare clear and concise technical documentation, reports,
presentations, and correspondence.
- Understand specific applications, functions, software tools,
data structures, operating policies and procedures.
- Write specifications and application programs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
leadership and staff.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft
Office: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and job-specific
applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts,
spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position
assignment. Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or
related field required.
- 5 years of experience testing for major applications,
integrations and/or major application product release
- 2 years of experience with automated testing and defect
tracking tools such as Selenium, Appium, or similar tools
- 2 years of experience writing queries for MS SQL Server
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the
position such as those listed above is also qualifying. Preferred
- 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- 2 years of experience with Visual Studio.
- 2 years of experience with Azure/DevOps and/or Team Foundation
- 2 years of experience testing EDI and Data Warehouse ETL.
- 1 year of experience with Browser Stack or similar mobile
device testing tools. Knowledge of:
- Design, development, and implementation of QA methodologies and
- Agile, Scrum and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Project coordination, relational database management
- Project management and development using SQL.
- Concepts of database and system security.
- Computer architecture, in both hardware and software
- Principles and practices of applications design and programming
and software development life cycle.
- Methods and techniques of de-bugging programs and
- Principles of database administration, programming and coding,
systems and procedures analysis and development.
- Strong knowledge of systems testing best practices and
- Methods and procedures of program documentation.
- Software process methodologies including a solid understanding
of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Project, Visio and related
- Well-versed in all testing methodologies (white vs. black box
test work, system vs. functional)
Keywords: Equiliem, Orange , Senior ITS Quality Assurance Analyst - Equiliem, Professions , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!